How to control number of decimal places on Invoices

GaryNiemenGaryNiemen Member Posts: 8

Is there a way to control the number of decimal places on Invoices. For example, at the moment it is showing two decimal places for the total amount, but I would rather have zero decimal places.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @GaryNiemen.

There isn't a way in Wave to automatically round a given currency to a certain decimal. The number of decimals depends on the currency at play. If you want to round the total on an invoice, you'll have to add an item to that invoice. I would recommend calling it "Rounding adjustment", and giving it its own income account.

• GaryNiemenGaryNiemen Member Posts: 8

Thanks. How do I add an item to an invoice?

Hi, @GaryNiemen.

When you are creating or editing an invoice, you'll see an "Add Item" button, just under the list of your line items, in the lower-middle of the page.

• GaryNiemenGaryNiemen Member Posts: 8

Aha, yes I get it - thanks.

• thelivemomentsthelivemoments Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I have the same issue in Indian Rupee currency, while adding products or services, I always get default two decimal places and this continues in Estimates, Invoices and everywhere.

Find attached the screen shot and how to remove the same?

Thanks
    Srini

Hi, @thelivemoments.

According to the standards I can find, decimals are used with Indian rupees, are they not? A rupee breaks down into 100 paise (even if, from what I can tell, those are barely used at all).

@Alexia, Thanks for the reply and yes, decimals were used earlier and is now rounded to the nearest rupee. Is there a way to round it to the nearest Rupee in Wave?

Thanks for letting us know, @thelivemoments.

I'll bring it up with the team on my end. You won't be able to round those amounts automatically, so I recommend adding a "rounding adjustment" line item to your invoices to adjust your totals.

Appreciate your support! :)
    I would wish if I can control the Decimal places in the Settings Menu

edited August 16, 2018
  • MissLipsticksMissLipsticks Member Posts: 2

I can't see how a rounding adjustment would work? If you need to round the amount down eg from $16.01 to $16.00 NZD (inc 15% GST) ?? Extremely frustrating not having a rounding option in the settings.

Hi, @MissLipsticks,

You would have to add a line item to your invoice with the name "Rounding adjustment" and a price of $0.01. At this time, this is the only way to round an amount on a given invoice in Wave.

Do you often round your amounts to the nearest dollar? Is it common practice in your industry, or in your country? The more information you can give us about how this would affect your daily work, the better we'll be able to picture the impact of a feature like this one.

• kayesoobkayesoob Member Posts: 1

Sorry to join this a little late in the process. But I've been noticing the same issue. I would love to see Wave add this as a feature in the future. I don't round to the nearest dollar but I have been finding that my invoices are out $0.01-0.03 when compared to Excel.

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hi @kayesoob, we currently don't have any plans on implementing a feature like this, but I let the team know that our users are interested in this. I apologize for any inconvenience here.

In the meantime, you should still be able to work around this by creating a Rounding Adjustment invoice item as outlined in Alexia's comment above.

• TW_66TW_66 Member Posts: 2
    Good Day

I use Jamaican Dollars
    I want to have 2 decimal places. Currently there are none.

In practice for cash transactions cents are rounded up or down to the nearest dollar, but 2 decimal places are used for other transactions.

I think this should be an option in settings that users can control.

Any chance that can/will be facilitated?
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @TW_66. I'm afraid that this isn't something that will be released anytime soon, in terms of being able to specify the decimal transactions (and making it more customizable). If we do decide to review/consider this feature for the future, we will definitely let our users know though.

• TW_66TW_66 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you