Options

Stripe Payments

TorleifTorleif Member Posts: 5

I have Stripe payment setup in Sweden for my company. My company is in the Philippines doing business. So how can i use Stripe for my business?

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Torleif.

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, Stripe doesn't support the Philippines at the moment, and as such, we can't offer payment services directly through Wave. If you handle your company's payments outside of Wave, however, I'm happy to walk you through the process of account for merchant fees.

• Options
    TorleifTorleif Member Posts: 5

Hello Alexia!
    Like i said, i have a Stripe account setup but in Sweden with my bank there.
    My business runs here in the Philippines due to the diving business we are in.

I can use Wave without Stripe, it works fine for our business. And when it comes to payments i can still use Stripe on the side. It would be nice if you could integrate them together. But for now no need.

Please let me know more about the process of account for merchant fees.

• Options
    KenjKenj Member Posts: 27

@Alexia said:
    Hi, @Torleif.

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, Stripe doesn't support the Philippines at the moment, and as such, we can't offer payment services directly through Wave. If you handle your company's payments outside of Wave, however, I'm happy to walk you through the process of account for merchant fees.

Hi @Alexia I be interested which could work with Wave and supports Malaysia. TQ

• Options

Hi, @Torleif.

This is because the ability to accept payments through Wave is determined by the address of the business first (there are a few other factors). So if your business is in the Philippines, you won't be able to use Stripe payments through us.

@Kenj, we would love to offer this, but it isn't under our control. You can make the request at https://stripe.com/global.

• Options
    pbrad013pbrad013 Member Posts: 1

Payment by wave is owned by stripe? I have a stripe account, how do i connect my account to wave account ?

edited July 18, 2018
  • Options

Hi, @pbrad013.

Payment by Wave isn't owned by Stripe. We simply integrate with Stripe for payment processing services outside of Canada and the United States. This allows us to offer credit card payment processing services to many more business owners that we could reach if we only used our own system.

For users in Canada and the United States, our payment processing services are our own. It allows us to also offer payment processing by bank transfer, as well as gives us much more control over resolving issues that can crop up.