Options

Make invoices more language customizables.

FieelFieel Member Posts: 3

Hello,

I live in Switzerland and i must send invoices in different languages, never in English. I can customize most texts but i can't change the most important ones, for example:

• "BILL TO" text above the customer,
  • "Total" text under the items
  • "Amount Due" text
  • "Invoice Number" text
  • "Invoice Date" text
  • "Payment Due" text
  • "Amount Due" text

which, from my point of view, it's pretty important to customize. Any chance in a future update addressing these problems? Thanks.

Filipe

edited August 30, 2018 in Sales & Invoicing Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    FieelFieel Member Posts: 3

Another important field of the invoice is the date. It's written in English without any means of customization. My 63 years old customer won't know what all of those 'weird english words' mean.

edited June 5, 2018
  • Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Fieel.

That's a very good point. I'll make sure to forward your suggestion. I can't promise this will be implemented, but feedback from our Wavers has a significant impact on what we build next for Wave, so thank you so much for taking the time to provide yours!

• Options
    WickedWicked Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

Would love to see this customization options too!
    I want to change them to German.

With the other fields it would look like a english/German mix which is not professional...

Thanks!

• Options
    henkesde92henkesde92 Member Posts: 1

Hello,

No news regarding this yet? Would be nice if we could customize the language for the above mentioned fields!

Regards,

Dennis

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hi @henkesde92! We still don't have an update on when we will be able to have customized language on invoices. This does sound like a usability feature that can be added in the future, but it's currently not on our roadmap for any build outs. I will, however, make sure that your voice is heard and pass your message along to the product team.

• Options
    achim_tecklenburgachim_tecklenburg Member Posts: 1

I want to add my voice to the request. Right now it is not really usable in languages other than English. Since the columns are already editable it should not be too hard to expand that to the following as well, right?

Please make the following configurable:
    "BILL TO" text above the customer,
    "Total" text under the items
    "Amount Due" text
    "Invoice Number" text
    "Invoice Date" text
    "Payment Due" text
    "Amount Due" text

• Options
    AJBAJB Member Posts: 2

I would also like to see this functionality!

• Options
    yannickyannick Member Posts: 3

• Options
    IansIans Member Posts: 1

• Options
    RifleFishRifleFish Member Posts: 1

Wave, please make this a thing... I need this as well in the Netherlands

edited January 15, 2019
  • Options
    KelseyRodricksKelseyRodricks Member Posts: 18 admin

Thank you for your posts! Wave is always working to broaden our offerings for business owners around the world. While multi-lingual support is not currently on our roadmap, we absolutely appreciate the benefits of customized solutions. If you want to send invoices in a language other than English, Wave invoices are fully customizable. You can edit invoice headings and the names of the invoice columns by navigating to Settings > Invoice Customization.

• Options
    YiannatosYiannatos Member Posts: 3

Dear Kelsey,
    Your software is a unique product with amazing features (and I love it!) but multi-lingual support will make a ...huge diffrence. I know that multi-lingual support is not on our roadmap but I trully believe that we could help you on that. Since Wave is the best "Free accounting software for small businesses", we - the owners of small businesses around the world - could be your driving force for multi-lingual support project, as long as you set up a platform (or a structured way) to do that. We have to give back something to the community...
    For example, Crowdin (www.crowdin.com) is a good option among many other similar cloud-based ones.
    Po Edit (www.poedit.net) is a another option; free for both parties and very simple to work with.
    There are a lot of options, solutions and way to complete the multi-lingual support or the localization/ customization process.
    If you choose one platform or solution, we will be able to help you. And I mean asap.
    Personallly, I could do the full translations and customization in the following languages:
    1) Greek - my monther tonguge
    2) Bulgarian - wirh a little help from friends and family
    3) Serbian - with a lot of help from friends and colleagues
    4) Turkish- with a lot of help from my ex fiancee
    5) Albanian - with a lot of help from friends and colleagues
    I believe that if there are a lot of people from this community ready to help in other languages such as Spanish, Italian, German, Polish and Russian.
    Please do let me know if that proposal will be good enough to make you put multi-lingual support on your roadmap within the next few weeks.
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Sotiris

edited February 3, 2019
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 1

Really looking forward to a way to translate invoices (fully).
    At this moment, Wave is unusable for my company as I simply have to send invoices in other languages than English.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just in case you haven't seen it, this thread may also be a helpful place to chime in!

• Options
    > @Ryan_W said:
    > Hey all, just in case you haven't seen it, this thread may also be a helpful place to chime in!

This does not solve our issue with some non customizable fields or am I missing something?
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hi @Wicked -- Not necessarily for adding more customizable fields on the invoices themselves, however, in terms of adding languages more customizable, it's another section to add your voice to the mix for when we are building out new features here.

• Options
    GeertGeert Member Posts: 7

For me it would look a lot more professional if I would be able to translate invoice-headers to Dutch.

I recommended Wave to many colleagues and this is a huge barrier for them.

• Options
    > @Geert said:
    > I recommended Wave to many colleagues and this is a huge barrier for them.

Same here. They're amazed but English is a killer here in Austria/Germany. My customers are cool so I'm glad I don't had troubles so far.
    @wave I even could implement that feature for you. Would take me 5 hours max. I do it for free!
  • Options
    TimsterTimster Member Posts: 2

I would like to add my voice also as this is clearly something most users will benefit from.
    Making these fields editable like other fields would help to have a more professional look (for users not having waveapps in their own language) and will sure make more users come to waveapps to use it.

• Options
    They would come defenitely! Because it's a great piece of software!
  • Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Geert @Wicked @Timster! Thanks for your feedback on this! As mentioned in this post providing our software in multiple languages is not on our immediate road map, but knowing how much of a game changer it would be through your previous comments, is definitely the kind of thing that could get the ball rolling on this sooner rather than later.

I can't give you a timeline, but I can say our product is aware of the demand for this and so please keep the feedback coming :smile:

• Options
    @Zoe_caff1 as I said, 5 hours approx. My offer is available ✌️
  • Options
    GeertGeert Member Posts: 7

For me the most important would be to be able to translate the invoice and text when sending e-mail to customers.

• Options
    TimsterTimster Member Posts: 2
    @Zoe_caff1 it would be lovely to have the app in our own language. But as this aint gonna happen anytime soon, it would be really appreciated that the labels would be customizable as we suggest in this post. If there is anything we could do to help, please ask us. I thank a lot of people would really like to help with anything we can to make this happen. Please put this on the table and discussie this with the product team to see how this can be made as a feature. I know a lot of people are holding back to use wave just because of this really small lack of translation/customisation
  • Options
    MoroccoDaveMoroccoDave Member Posts: 9

We would definitely benefit from this too!
    French is a major language in Europe and a requirement for many companies that invoice to clients in the French speaking world.

• Options
    XtensionXtension Member Posts: 2

+1 vote for this. Seems rather easy seeing that other fields are already easy to adapt. Now it looks just not customer oriented because of the mix of languages.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, thanks for adding your +1's to this!

• Options
    FabForwardFabForward Member Posts: 1
    +1 getting tired to edit the PDF export afterwards. It’s so unproductive!
  • Options
    GhaithiGhaithi Member Posts: 0

Invoices seem fine on the browser, but once downloaded as PDF, the words are disjointed.

This problem is not new (I read threads about it from last year). Did I miss its solution?