Options

Make invoices more language customizables.

2»

Comments

• Options
    mregnimregni Member Posts: 1

+1

Thanks for all the hard work and great app you guys are making! I look around on the internet from time to time but never find something like WaveApps. But the translations are still a problem for me as well.

I don't think it's necessary to translate the whole website but just to make the invoices fully translatable. WaveApps already made half of the text fields customisable so why not add the other half as well? All fields stated in the first post but also table headers could be handy.

• Options
    FlexFlex Member Posts: 0

Hi

Is it possible to customize all fields in the invoice. At the moment invoice# due date etc cannot be changed. I need them to change them to another language.

Thanks everyone
    Alex

edited December 26, 2019
  • Options
    MewenMewen Member Posts: 1

+1 !
    I don't mind using Wave in English but invoices containing a mix of English and another language look unprofessional to me.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Flex . I've merged your thread into this one to add your voice to the ongoing discussion. Currently, you cannot change the language on an invoice, but we'll take your comment as a +1 to this feature idea.

@Mewen Thanks for the feedback on this!

• Options
    aagavalasaagavalas Member Posts: 1

The app is excellent. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting in.
    But the translations are a **problem **for me also. And to my eyes, the feature of leaving the users to fully customize/translate the items of an invoice is essential and at the same time deal breaker for me.
    You don't need to translate the website, we are used to work in English. But just to make the invoices fully translatable in order to be able to use them. And it looks really easy to me programming-wise.
    Think of the market that would open for the application!!

• Options
    VirtualCedVirtualCed Member Posts: 3

In the meantime the language customization of the mail sent would be useful.

• Options
    PaulineCPaulineC Member Posts: 1

Adding one more voice to stress how much of a game-changer it would be to make all fields customisable, so non-English speakers can fully translate our invoices :#

Also, this may be a long shot, but as someone who invoices both French-speaking and English-speaking clients, if we could save multiple templates for invoices (not just one, so we can have templates in multiple languages), it would be really, really dope (there's a fairly easy workaround duplicating invoices instead of creating new ones, but that's not the most elegant solution!).

Thanks for a great product nonetheless!

• Options
    may01may01 Member Posts: 2

Hi! Just started today with Wave and will forget about it few hours later! Can't make invoice in French. Come on, people, it is super easy to offer users to customize the all the fields appearing on the invoice, not just half... This request is pending for over 3 years now! All the following fields HAVE TO BE CUSTOMIZABLE.
    "BILL TO:
    Invoice Number:
    Invoice Date:
    Payment Due:
    Amount Due (CAD)
    Notes / Terms"
    ... And these instructions, below, are useless since we can't change all necessary fields and it gives the false impression that we can go around that issue, but it is not possible. Less than half of the fields can be customized!
    https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621686-How-to-Customize-Your-Invoices-and-Estimates
    Very disappointed. Just thought I found a great tool, but it is not.