Can't Delete Business

jasonedjasoned Member Posts: 1

I am trying to archive a business, but I keep getting this message:

Before you can archive this business, you must take the following actions.
Disconnect your Payments account

I never set up a Payment account, and I don't see anywhere that shows I have a payment account. Any ideas?

Tagged:
edited June 7, 2018 in Technical Support

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @jasoned.

There's an issue affecting some of our users preventing them from archiving a business. Our engineers are working on resolving this, but I don't have a timeline for when a fix will be rolled out. You won't be able to archive that business for now.

• ThoriqThoriq Member Posts: 1

I am having the same issue. Any update on timeline?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Thoriq.

No, I don't have a timeline to offer. I recommend just changing the name of the business to archive to something obvious and unmistakable, something like "Business to be archived". That way, you'll be unlikely to accidentally start working on the wrong business by mistake.

• peterdonahuepeterdonahue Member Posts: 1

Hi. I'm a new user and I like a lot of Wave's features. But I can't archive a business I set up and then decided not to use. I see this was an issue in June. Since it's now October, I was wondering if anyone is working on resolving the archiving issue.
    Thanks,
    Peter

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hi @peterdonahue. As of right now, this problem still exists (in terms of archiving a business that was associated with a payment account). With that being said, there is no ETA as to when this will be resolved, but our development team is aware and we hope to have it fixed in the near future -- the current workaround is still changing the business name to begin with the letter Z so that it becomes less visible.

• ashipkaashipka Member Posts: 3

I also have this issue. The workaround still causes problems because when I send in receipts via email they automatically go to that business. Any way to get that changed?

• CesarioLucasCesarioLucas Member Posts: 1

Same issue...

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@ashipka You should be able to change this by going to the Manage Your Profile section in Wave, and setting the specific business you are referring to as the primary (there should be a star beside the business itself). Once the business is set to the primary, all future receipts that are emailed will go to that specific business account.

@CesarioLucas I do truly appreciate your patience here -- it's still a known issue that is currently being looked at, and we're hoping to have a fix on this as soon as possible.

• Piano_Teacher_01852Piano_Teacher_01852 Member Posts: 9

Might I suggest that you edit your "How to archive a business" page at https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621286-How-to-archive-a-business? I don't understand why it says, "Updated: Today at 08:16" when it appears there's nothing new. Put a banner at the top that reads, "There's an issue affecting some of our users preventing them from archiving a business. Our engineers are working on resolving this, but we don't have a timeline for when a fix will be rolled out. You won't be able to archive that business for now."

I've been having the same issue for 10 months now, trying to archive a business that is inactive. I realize that it's not the most important thing to be able to do, but still.

• CultureGapCultureGap Member Posts: 15

Same issue here.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@Piano_Teacher_01852 and @CultureGap that's a good call; I'll talk to our team about adding a notification to that page and making this messaging a lot clearer. Thanks for your understanding!

• njsteffeynjsteffey Member Posts: 1

Same issue here. I would really like to clean up my account.

• ibaniban Member Posts: 2

Same here, for 12 months. I put a lot of time trying to figure it out several times... I don't understand why this is not a priority for the developer. It is very annoying to not be able to do something so basic.

• DiegoDiego Member Posts: 2

Same problem here. Also spent quite a while trying to figure out what was wrong before finding this thread. I get that this is low priority but it's been almost a full year now. Wave seems pretty top notch otherwise so I'm surprised and disappointed this hasn't been fixed yet. At least update the help article as suggested above.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @njsteffey, @iban , @Diego , we fully understand that this is an inconvenience and I am sorry that this issue is still on going. I do not have an ETA on a fix, but we are working on it and we will be sure to update this thread as soon as it is resolved. Thank you all for your patience on this.

• SAAKeT_DUBeYSAAKeT_DUBeY Member Posts: 1

So y'all have been "working on this" since Jun 2018...it's now Sept 2019 and I'm still getting this error. Any updates to speak of?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

HI @SAAKeT_DUBeY . No updates to speak of at the moment. I had a quick chat with the product manager about this and the issue has proven to be pretty messy, hence the long awaited resolution. We've put this issue on hold while we prioritize enhancing other aspects and features of Wave, but this will be something that we look at again in 2020 in hopes that we have the appropriate resources to fix the issue then.

• Jimbob123Jimbob123 Member Posts: 1

18 months.

Still broken. :D

• 5TimesZero5TimesZero Member Posts: 1

This issue still exist and has not been resolved since reported on June 5, 2018.

• RobinSRobinS Member Posts: 13

2 years old and still an issue.
    When is this going to be fixed?
    It really does not give me a comfortable feeling about going ahead with a product where it takes over 2 years to fix something

• TotherTother Member Posts: 1

Same here and its Dec 7th 2020

• Stephen_503Stephen_503 Member Posts: 1

30 months later, still an issue. Are you embarrassed yet? I am confounded by how you can't change the "disconnect payment account" message to "this is a known issue, sorry for the inconvenience." It certainly looks like the thread admins jobs here are to placate us vs actually try to solve the problem/ make an adequate error notification to prevent people from spending hours banging their heads against the wall before they find this utterly useless FAQ help thread...

• StrazzulloNETStrazzulloNET Member Posts: 2

It's incredible how many big issues and good suggestions are still pending fix/implementation.

• ShauneShaune Member Posts: 1

I have the same problem. It's 2021. I am guessing there is no intent to correct this?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Shaune , in full transparency, this isn't something that we're working on a fix for at this moment. In the meantime, the current workaround is still changing the business name to begin with the letter Z so that it moves to the bottom of your business list - becoming less visible.

edited March 2, 2021
  • d3ffd3ff Member Posts: 1

This is pretty ridiculous. I mean adding/removing a business should be table stakes.

• triemcktriemck Member Posts: 1

It's incredible how many big issues and good suggestions are still pending fix/implementation.

• LovelyyMeLovelyyMe Member Posts: 1
    May 2021… & this is still a problem?!!! Wow wave? Are your customers problems/concerns not of importance?
  • tdhttdht Member Posts: 1

This post was created in 2018... seriously, how hard is it to fix the issue? I have old businesses that I would LOVE to eliminate from the file.

• alohastaralohastar Member Posts: 6

I am having the same problem, a year later is there a timeline? Updates? Any other workaround besides put the letter Z in front of a business?
    Thanks for any and all help