Setting up bank connections

2»

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @SarahSierra.

Can you tell me exactly what happens when you try to connect? I can't see a connection attempt on your account from this end. Have you also tried importing a bank statement?

• ForrestConsultForrestConsult Member Posts: 9

Hi Alexia,
    Any news yet? We already feel overlooked in are little country (apart from Rugby, sailing, rowing, horse trials, well any sport actually)

Hi, @ForrestConsult,

I wish I had something concrete to offer. I do know a few users who were able to upload their bank statement, but only when using a network that wasn't provided by Orcon. Do you use Orcon as an ISP?

• Lily3678Lily3678 Member Posts: 2

Hi Alexia! Any good news about this?

Hi, @Lily3678,

Not yet, but from what I can see, you seem to be connected to your bank without issues. Could you tell me more about what you're running into?

Also, as mentioned in my previous replies, there seem to be issues with specific internet service providers in New Zealand. Are you with Orcon as well?

• MarkusMarkus Member Posts: 18

Just adding myself here. Been a Waveapps user for ages in NZ. Have lost my banking connection for 2 businesses that I run. Can't reconnect to my bank (BNZ) and also can't upload any statements. Even wrote one by hand that should really work.

Are there any news yet??

Hi, @Markus,

Can you tell me what your ISP is? As mentioned previously, there seems to be an issue with specific internet service providers in New Zealand. We're still investigating the issue on our end, but It would be extremely helpful to know whether this issue is only affecting Orcon clients or if it's more widespread than that.

• MarkusMarkus Member Posts: 18

Hi. Indeed, I'm with Orcon.

Edit:
    I ran a few tests, including my mobile hotspot which is via an ISP called CallPlus Services Limited.

1) Clearing cashe and cookies. Testing with Orcon in Chrome. Result: Nothing.
    2) Testing with Orcon in Edge browser. Result: I get one step further! Google brings up 2 image re-captures. After that: nothing.
    3) Clearing cashe again, using mobile hotspot. Result: nothing.
    4) Testing in Edge via mobile hotpsot: Not even the image re-capture.

Maybe this helps.

2nd edit: If you lookup CallPlus, turns out they're part of Vocus - which also owns Orcon. So not a useful test, I'm afraid. Or proof for your theory that the issue is with Orcon.

edited September 19, 2018

Thanks for checking, @Markus!

If you have to chance to test out a different ISP, let me know. In the meantime, we'll continue investigating from here.

I am with ISP Slingshot (fibre) and can't connect to kiwibank or upload statements (nothing happens). Did manage to successfully upload a statement from another house, but don't know which provider they were. Guess that confirms that it is not a kiwibank or upload format issue but rather an ISP. Happy to log it with my ISP if you have any issue on what the problem is (e.g. IP range blocked)
    Thanks.

Slingshot is part of the Vocus group which also includes (drum roll!) Orcon so guess the problem is getting narrower.

Hi, @ForrestConsult,

It might be worth contacting your ISP and seeing if they're able to help. They might be able to confirm whether they're preventing some processes from our website from running their course. If you have the option of using a VPN or a DNS server, that might help (note that this might cause other problems with Wave, such as get your detected as a bot).

• mikeldubmikeldub Member Posts: 6

Hi Alexia,
    I've just this second tried to upload a CSV from ASB (NZ) into WAve and it seems to be working now!! yeah!!
    Also, I just tried to connect to ASB and Wave has all my accounts listed..another yeah! I need to check to see if things import ok.

How long have things been working?

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@mikeldub thank you for letting us know! If you experience any other issues, please do reach out. (And please feel free to jump into discussions around here when you have no issues as well! We'd love to learn more about you and your business! :) )