Customise Payment Reminders/Receipts

Amadeus HoffmannAmadeus Hoffmann Member Posts: 1

Hi community.

How can I customise my "Invoice Reminders" or "Payment Receipts"?

In my case, I want them to be written in German and a few more details.

Is there a way to change the default text?

Thank you

Comments

• GERALDO HevnerGERALDO Hevner Member Posts: 3

I've been told there is no way to customize these reminders.

• stephenthorstephenthor Member Posts: 2

This absolutely needs to be customizable! At least the phrasing anyways. I have customers who pay 50% almost a year in advance so the reminder sounds really rude. See below.

"You have not yet completed payment. The invoice was issued 10 months ago."
    Thanks,
    My company

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your feedback, @stephenthor. I'll pass it along.

For the time being, the reminder's text is...

Just a friendly reminder. You have received an invoice that is due on Dec 31, 2018, and have not yet completed payment. The invoice was issued on Jan 01, 2018.
    Thanks,

Is there a specific way you would change this text? Would you prefer customizing it for individual reminders?

• stephenthorstephenthor Member Posts: 2

Maybe an editable template for starters. I like your idea of being customizable for individual reminders too. Thanks!

Thanks for following up, @stephenthor!

• islandeffect758islandeffect758 Member Posts: 1

Hi, I'd like this as well for the receipts - to be able to create and save my own template with wording that better reflects the transaction

Thank you for your feedback, @islandeffect758!

Could you tell us a bit more about the kind of information you would add to the body of the text for receipt emails? It'll give us a better idea of your needs, which always helps in seeing what impact a feature like this would have.

• itsmeevanitsmeevan Member Posts: 1

My suggestion are,
    1. Leave the layout intact just like you have.
    2. I need to change the wording on "Reminder for Invoice #438", perhaps can use shortcode like "Invoice [inv-number], which [inv-number] is representing the correspondence invoice number.
    3. The most important of my desire on this payment reminder, is to change the image you stuck there (unpaid & paid).

Think thats all.

• James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Thanks for the detailed feedback, @itsmeevan ! We can never guarantee when changes will occur to a specific part of the app, but this kind of information is good for us to have!

• ashipkaashipka Member Posts: 3

I also need this to be customizable. I have customers that pay a 50% deposit about a year in advance, but the remainder isn't due until a month before their event date. So they always need a gentle reminder that the balance is coming due. The wording "...have not yet completed payment" sounds a bit rude when the invoice is not yet overdue.

I would change it to this if I could:

"[Customer],

Just a friendly reminder that the balance of your invoice is coming due in [due-days]. In order to avoid any unnecessary delays, please complete your final payment before [due-date].

Amount Due: [amount-due]
    Due: [due-date]

As always, feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions, or would like to chat!

Best,
    [company]"

I would also remove the "UNPAID" stamp because in my business it looks extremely tacky and unprofessional.

edited November 5, 2018
  • Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback @ashipka! This is the type of insight we need to hear, so even though I can't assure you that these updates are made, this is how we keep the ball rolling towards useful refinements!

• PeacockSolutionsPeacockSolutions Member Posts: 3

Totally agree with a lot of the comments in this thread.

As it stands, for me, I cannot send the receipts/reminders as they are currently set up, mainly because of the obnoxious "PAID"/"UNPAID" stamps, but also because there is no way to show the GST breakdown that appears on my customised invoices.

It would really be great if these could be set up in a similar way to invoices: Allowing us to edit and export as a PDF to send on to the client.

• AndyFromWaveAndyFromWave Member Posts: 7 admin

Thanks for the feedback everyone! The product team at Wave is always looking for opportunities to provide new value to customers. My team is currently revamping the underpinnings of invoice services and we have plans to update the Reminder/Receipt send experiences. Please continue to provide your feedback here as we conduct customer research!

• comoxvalleyartscomoxvalleyarts Member Posts: 6

nice to hear. Agree that the big stamps across things should be optional...

and while we're on the topic of receipts TO customers, having some way of seeing that one has been SENT already (and the date) would also be helpful when trying to track workflow. It still surprises me that they aren't sent automatically - or that there isn't a setting to turn that on/off.

• KarinSKarinS Member Posts: 1

Just came here to ask about customizing the receipts template, which has been an issue for me all the time I have been using Wave. And so glad to hear it is being addressed. Great! This to me would be a real value add.

• JaimePauloLopesJaimePauloLopes Member Posts: 1

I'd love to be able to link a Customer feedback form in my receipts. At the moment I have to paste in the text manually every time, so being able to customize the standard text and include that link automatically would be awesome!

• tiftaytiftay Member Posts: 1

This feature would be extremely helpful to me, as I have several clients that I offer various services for, all invoiced differently. If I could save them time by indicating which service this invoice is for in the email, it would be very helpful! Many of my clients also opt to pay via PayPal, and since there isn't a payment button integration for that, I usually add a paypal.me link - would be extremely helpful to provide this link in the initial email as well.

Hoping this becomes a reality soon!

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey, @comoxvalleyarts @KarinS @JamiePauloLopes @tiftay all great suggestions so thank you so much for your feedback! As you can see from above our Product Team is aware of this thread and listening to all of your feedback, so keep it coming. Your feedback is essential for planning out the roadmap for Wave, especially being able to determine whether or not a feature would be a game changer for you! Thanks :)

• urShadowurShadow Member Posts: 3

I would also like to have similar features, I am running a Charity and the receipts are for donations thus I would like to modify the subject and also statements like "Thanks for your business. " as its not a business.

• DataTechFXDataTechFX Member Posts: 1

I will echo this request. I need to be able to edit the Reminders as well. I would also like to ability to add any type of notation, relevant to the reminder or not. Look for to seeing this changed soon.

• jreyred84jreyred84 Member Posts: 1

Please give us the ability to customize reminders.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@urShadow @DataTechFX @jreyred84 Thanks again for giving us your feedback/plus ones to adding this feature request in Wave. While I can't guarantee that we will have this feature available anytime soon, I do request that you give us a little more feedback in terms of how this would improve your workflow in Wave. This gives our teams a stronger sense/idea of how we can implement this feature into our software and what it could look like in the future.

• jshipmanjshipman Member Posts: 1

Wow, I can't believe this is not an option. It seems way to logical to provide a shortcode interface for editing your receipts and reminders. I just want to make small edits like, rather than saying: "Hi Full Customer Name" which sounds really odd to only "First Name". Seems simple enough to change in a template but there are no modifications available accept when sending. I have to do this for every receipt. I hope they do add this feature soon.

• WyattCamelliaWyattCamellia Member Posts: 1

I also agree that customizable receipts and reminders would be great. They are currently written so informally, saying "Hi" and "Thanks" when people are making large payments. How about "Dear ...." and "Thank you very much"? I would suggest standard business English. Thank you.

• CharlieAnnCharlieAnn Member Posts: 2

Is there still no way to customize these? I can't stand the language in the invoice reminder emails. :( Seems like customizing these should be a standard option. Thanks

• AbbasAbbas Member Posts: 2

I would at a minimum appreciate the message saying "This is an automated system message." Now my customers think I keep sending the messages personally... would seem less pushy and annoying if they knew it is the system sending an automated reminder.

Anyway, Wave Accounting is awesome! And I recommend it to everyone.

@CharlieAnn @Abbas Thanks for submitting your feedback regarding the customization of these reminders. I just want to say that your voices are being heard, and we take value in what you're saying. We are currently exploring the opportunity to improve invoice customization and once we have more of an idea of what that will look like, we will definitely be letting everyone in this thread know. Appreciate the patience for now.

• djfloriandjflorian Member Posts: 4

As is always the case with Wave, the seemingly obvious things are left out and we are met with "We hear you guys but can't promise anything blah blah blah..." while nothing actually happens. The first post in this thread is from November 2017. Getting close to 2 years without a very simple change that could make things easier for your users.
    Yes, I know its a free system, and I am grateful for it - I think it is a great system but could be so much better with a few tweaks here and there.

I would think that customisable receipts would be a pretty standard thing.
    For me, it is as simple as changing the greeting to default to the contact name, not the business/customer name.
    I would much rather send a receipt that says something like "Hi Bob/Mr Smith..." instead of "Hi Bob Smiths Engineering Co..."
    I realise this wouldn't suit everyone which is why it should be customisable somewhere in the settings.

@djflorian While I realize the frustration of not having access to specific features in Wave that might be a necessity for your business, we wouldn't want to over promise on a feature request and under deliver. Giving us context on how this specific feature would improve your workflow in Wave is always beneficial, especially when it comes to our development teams actually actioning these requests. Full transparency, right now, our priorities currently lie with Sales Service and our paid products. With that being said, this feature is something that will be brought up in the next coming weeks, so we appreciate all of the feedback that has been provided in this thread.

edited July 23, 2019
  • djfloriandjflorian Member Posts: 4

@JamieD I apologise if I sound ungrateful, that is not my intention. I love the Wave system as it fits my use pretty well. As I said, there are a few tweaks that I think could be made to make the system much more user friendly but having said that, they are not deal breakers to me.
    At times I do get perplexed as to why some features (that I would have thought were standard in any accounting system such as Wave) are not included in the Wave system.

I realise you guys are a business at the end of the day, and need to direct your resources towards the business of making money. Otherwise, what would be the point?
    In saying that, I also believe that offering a more complete system would steer businesses toward your paid services for an "all in one" experience