Options

Allow HTML in invoice fields

PackWebPackWeb Member Posts: 11

It'd be nice to allow using HTML in invoice fields, such as Footer and Memo/Notes. This would allow for formatting text nicely (like making certain things bold, italic, etc.), or formatting things in a more advanced way, like using DIVs and inline CSS to output the Notes/Memo field in multiple columns, etc.

edited August 29, 2018 in Accounting Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @PackWeb.

Thanks for the feedback! Can you give me examples of how you would use this in the context of your specific business? I'd love to hear more about how this would help you.

• Options
    PackWebPackWeb Member Posts: 11

Sure @Alexia,

In the footer I need to display my business name, registration number and address. To make all of this more readable, I'd like to have my business name in bold, and then add some padding/spacing between the items. Something like this:

<strong>[Business Name]</strong> | <span style="padding: 0 1.5em;">Reg. no.: <em>[0123456789]</em></span> | [Address goes here...]

As for the notes/memo section, this is where I'd like to put my payment details, so being able to format that nicely would be good. Something like:

<div style="float: left;">
      <h3>Bank Transfer</h3>
      <div><strong>Account Name:</strong> [Name]</div>
      <div><strong>BSB:</strong> [012345]</div>
      <div><strong>Account Number:</strong> [0123456789]</div>
    </div>

<div style="float: right;">
      <h3>Cheque</h3>
      <div>Make cheque out to <em>[Name]</em> and deliver to: [Address]</div>
    </div>

Let me know if I can provide further examples/suggestions.

• Options

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out, @PackWeb!

• Options
    schnideschnide Member Posts: 1

This would ALSO be of GREAT importance when placing a paypal link. Instead of making user highlight and copy. A little html could make it clickable. In fact you could even add PayPal generated html to include a button to click on if only the notes and footer field recognized html tags.
    ALSO it would be nice if WAVE could pass the invoice total as a value into a paypal link so when the user goes there they don't have type in in manually.
    As of now paying an invoice via Paypal is seriously lacking in integration.
    Adding the html ability should be fairly easy. Passing the invoice total may be a bit more work. But come WAVE you can do it!

• Options

Hi, @schnide.

Thank you for the feedback! We also do offer our own payment processing services, which might be more convenient for you and for your clients. If you'd like to read more about it, check out this page.

• Options
    KeanuKeanu Member Posts: 1

Has there been any update to this? I currently use the "Modern" template, and having the footer section centered looked all kinds of weird. Would be great to add a float left/right onto it to make things a bit more uniform.

Thanks,

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Keanu. There is currently no update on this right now, and not currently on our radar in terms of being able to alter our current invoice templates with HTML, etc. With that being said, one suggestion I do have is potentially Photoshop? I know this may not be idle for your business since the convenience of using Wave is it send out the invoices directly from our software, but it's a workaround that you may want to explore.

• Options
    gcphotogcphoto Member Posts: 3

I would also be interested in this. I would love to be able to add an image to the footer.

In South Africa, there is a popular payment service called Zapper (Zapper.com) and I would like to be able to embed their QR code for my business onto the invoice.

• Options
    JanniesJannies Member Posts: 3

To insert QR code is easy!
    I just made my company logo the QR code

All my invoices automatic have my Zapper QR code on.
    That is it,

• Options
    clemstarclemstar Member Posts: 1

+1 from me on this. I'd love to be able to use HTML, or even just have some way of a URL being turned into a clickable item in the Notes field. After all the Stripe payment links that are generated on the invoice are already clickable. Extending that functionality to the Notes field would be a great enhanncement.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Thanks for taking the time to +1 this @clemstar! No updates right now, but the more people can add to this thread, the better.

• Options
    DavidGDavidG Member Posts: 2

+1 from me for that request to add custom formatting to notes, footers, and other free text fields. It would be a great addition.

Thanks!

• Options
    webxsitewebxsite Member Posts: 9

I think I requested the ability to just bold and bullet in invoice fields 2 years ago - even Whatsapp can bold and italic. Cant complain when its free

• Options
    Flatbush_Holiday_NZFlatbush_Holiday_NZ Member Posts: 2

It would be great this feature can be added.
    We would like to add the following on our invoice notes section

• Guest agreed to our accommodation <T&C>s and enable the T&C a link to our website T&C page.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Flatbush_Holiday_NZ Thanks for adding your +1 for this feature. Our Sales Service team is currently exploring different options in terms of improving invoice customization, and other features within. While I can't guarantee this is something that will be implemented anytime soon, I'm happy to listen/take feedback on your specific business and provide viable workarounds for the time being based on that. Let me know!

• Options
    issaczzzissaczzz Member Posts: 3
    +1 from me too. Keep this going. It is really helpful to add a clickable link to T&C, Refund Policy, Whatsapp/FB Messenger link or even add an image of QR code payment at the footer with simple html codes.
  • Options
    lendrumlendrum Member Posts: 1

I just need the ability to have a clickable link in the notes field for customers. Supporting docs (receipts, quotes, images, etc) can all be accessed through those links, since Wave doesn't do well at attaching these documents.

• Options
    jacsifyjacsify Member Posts: 2

+1 from me. I would love the ability to Bold, Italic or Underline something on Invoices.

• Options
    JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

@jacsify @issaczzz @lendrum

Thank you so much for adding your +1s. We really appreciate your feedback and adding to this conversation! Our product development teams are constantly monitoring our community forums for these great ideas.

The details regarding supporting documents like a clickable link to Terms & Conditions, Refund Policy, Whatsapp/FB Messenger links are great for knowing the workflow you're hoping to accomplish in Wave. Would love to hear more regarding how the ability to Bold, Italic or Underline would be useful in your workflow! Thank you in advance!

• Options
    JohanJohan Member Posts: 2

@JessG bold would be useful for headings. "Login details", "Bank details", "Return policy" are a few that come to mind. What about allowing Markdown for this?

• Options
    gsadsgsads Member Posts: 2

+1
    I 'd love to be able to have the product description be in html so I can link to a picture or more details of the product I am selling.

• Options
    MarkAbramsMarkAbrams Member Posts: 2

+1 for html in invoice Notes. I would love to further customize