Options

Simpler way to pass credit card convenience fees to customers?

stellarglostellarglo Member Posts: 1

Hi! I love Wave, but do wonder if there are plans to add any kind of tip line or other line when customers pay by credit card. I would like to pass on my credit card convenience fees to my customers, but I don't see how to do this currently unless I either include the fee in the invoice total, which I don't want to do because I don't want to alarm clients when they see a charge if they don't want to use a card, or put a note on the invoice email with the additional charge, which means I may or not get paid for the charge. Just wondering if this is a feature Wave is working on. I am a music teacher and receive monthly payments from my clients-- For now I'm trying to mitigate loss in this area by asking beforehand how clients intend to pay, but not all of them pay the same way each month and it takes a lot of chasing down on my part! Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @stellarglo.

Since passing on those fees to customers isn't allowed in every country, or even every region, Wave won't create a feature to make it automatic. You'll have to manually add a charge to your invoice in advance if they are to be paid by credit card.