Is there a way to search transactions by amounts?

2»

Comments

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @JKetter , thanks for your in put on this. This feature is not on our immediate roadmap, but a huge factor that allows for new features is user feedback, this thread is super beneficial and not being ignored by our product team.

• SDPSDP Member Posts: 1

Hi WAVE:

Love the service - adding to this thread...

Searching by amount is a powerful tool that would be appreciated. For example - when I come to categorize my transactions - I have checks that have been written monthly for the same amount - to say - the dog walker, or the gardener. If I do a search for that amount I can quickly locate all those checks and categorize, if I had an amount in the search filter.

Please keep it on the development list! It would be a simple but welcomed feature.

Thank you.

• jonkwilliamsjonkwilliams Member Posts: 4

Hi, @Zoe_caff. I was just Googling to see if there was a way to search for for transactions by dollar amount because sometimes when my reconciliation is off by a certain amount I want to search for transactions with that amount. Pretty surprising to see that Waveapps doesn't allow for that. And I have to say that as this thread started almost a year ago and plenty of others have chimed in since, it would appear that it is, indeed, being ignored by your production team. Would it really be that difficult to add to the search bar?

• JMacJMac Member Posts: 1

Status update on Search by Amount, please. Basic function. Should be in production ASAP.

• AnthonyMAAnthonyMA Member Posts: 16

I find it very peculiar that an accounting program doesn't allow you to search by amount. It's not as if the facility would be difficult to add.

• jedanieleejedanielee Member Posts: 3

Any movement on this feature?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @jedanielee . No movement on this functionality yet, although we'll be sure to keep you in the loop if it becomes available!

• Jennifer_T2018Jennifer_T2018 Member Posts: 1

I'm a very new user but have used other accounting programs. Search by dollar amount would be extremely helpful.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Jennifer_T2018

Thanks for this feedback. Unfortunately we don't have this feature in our filter options at this time. Appreciate you reaching out about this!

• southsidasouthsida Member Posts: 1

Is Wave planning to add a "search by amount" feature? If so, how soon can we expect this feature to be added?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hi @southsida

To be honest we haven't heard of this update coming down the line at the moment. But as always we appreciate you confirming that another business owner is looking for this feature.

• mflynnmflynn Member Posts: 4

+1 for this functionality. I was just reconciling some old receipts that I scanned and uploaded and this would have saved me a bunch of time to merge the receipt transaction and the actual bank download. Instead I spent a lot of time dealing with the date filters and then scrolling to find. The dates may not be exact as the day I purchased and the date it posts could differ by a day (or few). I use search by amount in Quicken for my personal expenses all the time as well. Please add to the road map.

• RenatafRenataf Member Posts: 3

Hi there, continuing the push for getting this feature added. Since uploading receipts does not automatically flag matches or there's no real way to attach them easily, this would make a huge difference. Also when trying to reconcile and you're off by an amount. Thanks, please add dollar amount to search functionality. Any update on this being a project?

• Luis1Luis1 Member Posts: 4

+1 For me too. We use this all the time.

• scifijockscifijock Member Posts: 3

I really need the ability to search by transaction amount. Sometimes a receipt does not have the proper name business name and the date is reversed by say month and day once and a while it's in the wrong year. Having the ability to search by amount would save me a lot of time when I merge receipts with bank imports and also during reconciliation. Please make this a priority.

• SVBSVB Member Posts: 1

We need to be able to search by dollar amount! This would make reconciling so much quicker. I honestly don't understand why Wave has not done this yet - especially considering it's been requested for years by what appears to be quite a few users.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone! From the Transactions page you can now use the search bar to search for a transaction by 'amount'.

• mflynnmflynn Member Posts: 4

Awesome! Thank you! Thank you!

• SlizbroSlizbro Member Posts: 1

YES!!! Please, this would be so helpful to have. I feel like that's pretty intuitive. I even tried using excel function just to see if that would work. 😂

Also searching for LESS THAN a specific amount, or between a range of amounts makes sense and would be useful. I get a lot of transactions that are exactly the same amount, and then a few that are less than. Being able to quickly find the less than ones to categorize them in one swoop would make things way easier.

edited March 14, 2020
  • Teancum144Teancum144 Member Posts: 1

Please add this functionality -- it would save me a lot of time.

• motoramblermotorambler Member Posts: 53 ✭✭

@Alexia Another option would be to simply allow us to sort the Amount column -- we used to be able to do this in the old Wave.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @motorambler, @Teancum144, and @Slizbro! If you scroll up to Emma's last post you'll note that this function has, in deed, been added! :) Good news all around.

• motoramblermotorambler Member Posts: 53 ✭✭

@EmmaP @ConnorM that's great -- thx very much.

• jskearneyjskearney Member Posts: 2

Any update on when we might see the Search on Amount functionality? I use it quite frequently.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @jskearney , the search by amount function does in fact exist in Wave already.

• MussysiedeMussysiede Member Posts: 6
    Yes and it's fabulous! Thanks so much Wave developers for making it happen :)