Options

Printing receipts

eliteacchkeliteacchk Member Posts: 31

I need to print a receipt and mail to the customer on a monthly basis as email is not available to him.

I can find the function to print an invoice but where is the print function for a receipt? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @eliteacchk.

It isn't currently possible to print a receipt for an invoice directly in Wave. You have two ways you could handle it.

1. You can just print the paid invoice. Your client will see the amount paid in the bottom right corner.
    2. You could use a browser extension to save the page with the receipt as a PDF, and print that document.

I recognize neither of these is ideal, but they might still do the trick, especially if this is only for one client.

edited June 18, 2018
  • Options
    eliteacchkeliteacchk Member Posts: 31

Thanks. #1 option looks promising. Will give it a try.

However, I don't see the receipt after it has been generated so I cannot print it to PDF, as suggested by #2.

Right now, I have been emailing the receipt link to myself, then go to my email to open up the link to view it, which is tedious and inefficient.

edited June 21, 2018
  • Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @eliteacchk.

You can find that link after the fact from the Invoices page. Just click on your paid invoice and find "Send Receipt", under the "Get Paid" header. Click on Preview to see the same thing your client would. With that said, sending yourself a copy is undoubtedly faster, but if you ever forget to check that box, you'll know where to find it again.

• Options
    iatbyiatby Member Posts: 3
    I believe thAt it will be good to consider this in future updates.

For instance from the preview screen on the invoice app, provision can be made to share the preview as PDF and that to the options available on the mobile.

Preview >> Share as PDF >> Email, Message, Whatsapp, Telegram, etc.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @iatby. Thanks for your feedback on this! We will definitely consider implementing something along the lines of what is available on our web software and add it to the app. Keep in mind that this feature request will need to be along with the vision of our development teams roadmap, so we appreciate your patience on this.