Options

Split bulk payment across various invoices

EscapedArtistEscapedArtist Member Posts: 2

I want to do exactly what is explained in this article. However, when I go to transactions, there is no button for "Split Deposit/Withdrawal" as step #1 indicates. If I click the down arrow to the right of the transaction, there is a "Split Transaction" option in the dropdown, but it does not have a dialog like the one shown in step 1 or step 2 of the above help article (and posted below). All I need is to be able to get to this dialog ->

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @EscapedArtist.

Are you trying to split a transaction for a business on which you're a collaborator? I'm guessing your account is fairly new or was migrated to the new version of Wave, but the business you are collaborating on still uses the old version. It would explain why you're seeing an article explaining this workflow in the new version but are working on the older version.

You'll be doing much the same thing, the buttons will just have moved a bit (as you've already seen) and there's going to be slight wording differences. You're going to need to click Split Invoice in the drop-down menu and separate it as needed. Then you'll categorize both as invoice payments.

Let me know if that helps.

• Options
    EscapedArtistEscapedArtist Member Posts: 2

The article I quoted says, "Click Save.
    You’ll now have a transaction that appears once in your list of transactions but is made up of smaller, individually categorized parts."

When I split using the "old" method, I get the deposit split into unrecognizable transactions. That is the whole point of the "new" behavior and why I want to achieve it.

How would I go about upgrading my company to the new version?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @EscapedArtist.

We're working on migrating all of our users right now. There's no way to accelerate the process, but I can tell you we're aiming at moving everyone over within the next 3-6 months. We're being careful because our priority is to ensure your data's integrity throughout the process, but I can assure we're as eager as you are to see it done!

Until then, however, you'll have to handle your transaction splitting as per the older version.