Duplicate transaction issue for some Wave users

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

June 22, 9:30 a.m. (Eastern)

Our engineers are currently working to resolve an issue that is creating duplicate transactions in reports for some customers. During this time, we recommend holding off on creating any journal transactions.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We will post updates here as more information becomes available.

Update, June 22, 11:25 a.m. (Eastern)

While our engineers continue to work to resolve this issue, the journal transactions and starting balances pages will be temporarily unavailable for affected customers. You will be able to view existing journal entries and balances, but you will not be able to edit them or create new journal entries or starting balances. Once again, please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Update, June 22, 1 p.m. (Eastern)

At this time, reports may show duplicate, deleted, or incomplete data. We're working to restore your data automatically and have put together a dedicated team to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.

Update, June 22, 7:45 p.m. (Eastern)

Our dedicated team is continuing to work towards a resolution for this issue. We thank you so much for your patience so far. Please look out for additional updates here through the weekend.

Update, June 23, 12 p.m. (Eastern)

Our dedicated team is continuing to work towards a resolution for this issue. We've enabled the features we have paused. You can now use Journal Entries and Starting Balances as normal. Thanks again for your patience. Please stay tuned for future updates.

Update, June 23, 9:35 p.m. (Eastern)

Our team has implemented a fix for the duplicate transactions in reporting issue. Duplicated and errored transactions in your reports should now be corrected. 

We're also updating our Help Center.

Tagged:
edited February 4, 2021 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• SusanRSusanR Member Posts: 0

Im new to wave when i entered invoice payments from customers and receipts dashboard looked normal than i upload bank statement and it doubled everything please tell me what i did wrong

• pachatulumpachatulum Member Posts: 1

Hi Alexia, I'm having a similar problem. I deleted an account but all its transactions still appear in the Reports (for instance Balance Sheet), when I click in the account and any of the transactions to delete it I get "No transactions match your criteria" in the Transactions page....how to fix? thanks!

• marbellamarbella Member Posts: 0

Every time I tried to view an Invoice I receive the following error: 404 - Wipeout! The page you tried to visit doesn't exist. This is usually the result of a bad or outdated link.

Apparently error occurs when I tried to made some change over some Invoice, but unfortunately now there are two duplicates invoices. Some body can help me?

Date Transaction Debit Credit
    June 20, 2018 Invoice no. 071867 - Customer XYZ 0.00 1,158.30
    June 20, 2018 Invoice no. 071867 - Customer XYZ 0.00 209.00
    June 21, 2018 Invoice no. 071867 - Customer XYZ 0.00 1,158.30
    June 21, 2018 Invoice no. 071867 - Customer XYZ 0.00 209.00
    Total 0.00 2,734.60

• kbenfordkbenford Member Posts: 0

Hi.
    I was putting in some expenses that were done with cash on hand. I made a mistake and added them in as income. Once I realized my mistake I deleted everything and inputed the info correctly. I went to run a report and now I have uncategorized income and expense columns. It shows the transactions that I made. When I click on the transaction to delete it, it says "no transactions match your criteria". Please help! How do I get rid of these transactions? It's not allowing me to have an accurate P&L report and I need to print one out ASAP!

• 2CasaElegante2CasaElegante Member Posts: 6

Received an error 500 when entering a journal transaction.

I deleted 3 expense items, they are no longer showing under Transactions but when I run any of the reports, the items are still showing. Help

the system is making an entry and then the upload bank statement is making the same. you have to delete the upload bank entry. Search the help within Wave, it explains the duplicates

• giuliano1giuliano1 Member Posts: 1

Same problem here, I deleted some transactions but they still show in the Reports(Income statement) and even in the dashboard Income and expenses, so when I try to delete them again I get "No transactions match your critieria".....very frustrating!

• JarodDeGuzmanJarodDeGuzman Member Posts: 1

I am having the same issue, I deleted an invoice and it is still showing in the report, I changed a payment detail and the old payment detail is still in the report WITH the new payment detail on the same report. THUS the total is INCORRECT.

• clgentoliaclgentolia Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    I deleted several sales invoices as they have been tagged as double posting.
    Whenever I generate sales report it still show the deleted transaction. If viewed, it automatically signs out the wave.

• edgicaedgica Member Posts: 3

Hey! We have the same problem. The balance, accounts reports include the deleted transactions. Please, fix ASAP!

edited June 22, 2018
  • yanitayanita Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have the same problem,when I try to delete them again I get "No transactions match your critieria".....very frustrating!.Hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Hello, your reports (balance, account, income) show not correct data. They include deleted transactions!
    This is urgent! Please, fix ASAP.

Thank you.

• HariHari Member Posts: 3

Me too. I hope there is a quick fix... soon

@kbenford said:
    Hi.
    I was putting in some expenses that were done with cash on hand. I made a mistake and added them in as income. Once I realized my mistake I deleted everything and inputed the info correctly. I went to run a report and now I have uncategorized income and expense columns. It shows the transactions that I made. When I click on the transaction to delete it, it says "no transactions match your criteria". Please help! How do I get rid of these transactions? It's not allowing me to have an accurate P&L report and I need to print one out ASAP!

I am experiencing similar problems along with that mentioned in the post titled "Deleted 3 expense items, still showing on report"

every attempt I have made to rectify the problem manually, results in the issue duplicating itself again and again. I'm looking forward to the reports compiling only from the list of transactions that are visible in the Accounting/Transactions list.

• ReeceReece Member Posts: 0

Hi,
    I created a number of transactions in my wave account in error, and successfully deleted them. My problem is that they are still appearing in my general ledger. When I click on the category, they are shown in the transactions for that account, but when I click on the individual transaction it shows an error "No transactions meet your criteria".

I am guessing this means they have been deleted but the changes haven't propogated through to the general ledger? Can someone help with this?

Thanks

• BeingJasonChongBeingJasonChong Member Posts: 5

I'm having the exact same issue. It's creating multiple duplicated entries of 1 single transaction that still persists in the both balance sheet and income statement, despite having deleted the initial accounting transaction entry.

Me three.

• SwissWaveSwissWave Member Posts: 1

My problem is similar, but worse. I identified a withdrawal of cash from the bank as adding funds to my Cash-on-Hand (I did this with the "Transfer" button.") This single transfer was 'recorded' by Wave 10 times (i.e., 9 duplicate records in error), and has messed up my bank and Cash-on-hand balance.

Is this a beginner's error, or is there a problem with Wave?

edited June 22, 2018

Hi Guys

I just logged back in to my wave account and it appears that all the reasons for my recent dramatic hair loss have been fixed. Thanks

Nop. Not fixed for me.

SwissWave, you are not alone. It is a problem with Wave.

Not fixed for me too.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi all! I've merged your discussions together. Please see the first post for new updates as I receive them. Thank you.

• PP1PP1 Member Posts: 1

Yeah same here. One transaction became 2, and both are impossible to delete. Everything became all over the place. Sadface. I stopped using wave a while ago, due to this random issues, now back for 2 weeks and this... pretty bad guys...

• New_Me_2New_Me_2 Member Posts: 0

Yesterday & today when entering data two of the same entries appear. Yesterday there were other problems also - entries showing zero, etc. Those are OK today. Any one else having this problem?

• TonTon Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I have an issue when I add my journal transaction. After I clicked save. The Server Error (500) page appeared. Please recommend the solution.

I use Google Chrome and already try the hard refresh but it does not help.

Thanks!
    Ton

Hi all! We've received an update I'll add to the first post.

While our engineers continue to work to resolve this issue, journal entries and the starting balances page will be temporarily unavailable for affected customers. You will be able to view existing journal entries, but you will not be able to edit or create new journal entries or starting balances. Once again, please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

You can also follow along in this Help Center article.

@Ton @New_Me_2 I've added your posts to this discussion. :)

• angel4thewinangel4thewin Member Posts: 2

Hi @Charlotte other then all the other problems everyone else is reporting, a bill payment is showing up when i filter bills only??