Options

Sending recurring invoices with pending payments

SRAOASRAOA Member Posts: 2

Hi,

Is it possible to send recurring invoices which also includes the information about unpaid dues so far? I see that customer statements will show the overall status and pending payments. But can something similar be added to the recurring invoices?

Thanks,
VJ

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @SRAOA.

There's no way to send reminders for other unpaid invoices as part of a given recurring invoice. In fact, reminders have to be set up individually on a per-invoice basis.

To set reminders, you have to wait for an invoice to actually appear on your Invoices page. You could then edit it to add automated reminders. As for sending your customer statement, it has to be done manually.

Can you give me a bit more context about how this would benefit your business? Do you have a lot of clients with a large number of unpaid invoices?

• Options
    SRAOASRAOA Member Posts: 2

Hi,

We are using this for an apartment community. There may be few residents who might not have paid one or more of their previous monthly dues. What we are looking for are the following feature additions:
    1. Like you have recurring invoices, it will be good if we can generate recurring dues beginning of every month. It will be even better if the monthly invoice lists previous dues in addition to the amount added for the new month. I think this will be a useful feature for any business regardless of their nature. You could actually add it is an optional addition so that we can choose to add older dues or not.
    2. Also, if there is a provision to add fine (or late fee) for delayed payments, that will also help us a lot. It is a flat rate, added for every month’s non-payment.

The benefit is that it reduces the amount of manual work that the bookkeeper has to do otherwise. There are other apartment communities also interested in using waveapps after hearing from us, they will also benefit.

Also, the customer gets to know what he has to pay in just one mail. He doesnt have to collate the amount from more than one email.

Thank you,
    Vijay

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your feedback, @SRAOA!

I'll forward this to the right team on my end. I can't promise that these features will make into Wave, but feedback from our Wavers has a significant impact on how we choose what to build next, so thank you for taking the time to share yours.

• Options
    CentralOhioCentralOhio Member Posts: 4

Yes, being able to send an invoice to more than one email would be nice. In my situation the husband is hiding the invoices from his wife. If I can send them both an invoice then I'm covered. Hope it doesn't come to it, but this would avoid the claim of ignorance by the wife if I have to go to court.