Options

Word Press

reginaregina Member Posts: 1

How can i integrate wave into Word Press. ???

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @regina.

I moved your post from Forum Rules to Wave Features, as it is a more appropriate category for your post. In the future, please be mindful of the category under which you start a discussion. It will ensure that you get visibility from the right people, and get the help or engagement you are looking for.

There's currently no dedicated integration between Wave and Wordpress, but I'd love to hear more about what you're looking for. What kind of business do you operate, and what would you expect from an integration like this?

If you're looking for a way to simply sell your products or services directly from your webpage, we are working on Checkouts by Wave, which can be used with Wordpress. It is, however, only available for businesses in Canada and the United States for now.

• Options
    TimKTimK Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

I've tested checkouts by Wave, and though it is only in Beta, it has some potential. It needs more flexibility than it has right now. You can only set a single line item with a single price, meaning you need to create an individual checkout for each customer for each specific purchase. So it isn't really useful in its current state. Ideally, it would have a drop box to select items or at least a box where the customer could enter the amount to pay, or some variation that allows more flexibility. Hopefully that is all in the works.

• Options

Hi, @TimK.

I'd actually love to hear more of your feedback on Checkout! Can you tell me what kind of business you run and give more information on the products you offer?

Checkout as it currently is doesn't act as a shopping cart, but just a way to pay for an initial purchase without your client having to arrange something with you first. So for example, it would be perfect to accept a payment for an initial consultation with a consultant at a flat rate.

Having a bit more information about your needs as a business owner will help us see how to make Checkout as useful as it can be to you and to other Wavers.

• Options
    TimKTimK Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

So, for my business which is actually a vacation rental, I could use checkouts in its current form, but it would require a bit of work on my part. Most of my payments are for a single line item, so that currently works with Checkout. But the problem is, I would like to be able to use it more like a shopping cart but that doesn't appear to be the goal/design.
    I'm not sure in its current format that there is a better way to use checkouts in my situation, as invoices are more appropriate for my needs, but I can use checkouts for my initial reservation fee which is a flat fee.

• Options

Thanks for following up, @TimK. I'll share your feedback with the team!

• Options
    DigitalproductoDigitalproducto Member Posts: 4

I would second this I run a photography company and I need my clients to be able to add on extra options and be able to pay on one invoice and not have to make multiple payments for supper products. If you guys don’t want to make it part of the development thing it might be advantageous to have a word press plug-in or something similar that could combine items together into one price. For example I don’t think PayPal has a checkout cart process but there are apps out there that are able to bring multiple products together into one price.

• Options

Thank you, @Digitalproducto, for your feedback.

Checkout is still in its infancy and there are many discussions to have about how to make it grow to make it the best payment method it can be. I can't guarantee a timeline, or even that this feature will make it to Wave, but your feedback is extremely helpful in helping us understand the needs of our users and how we can grow to support your business best. Thank you for taking the time to share.

• Options
    DigitalproductoDigitalproducto Member Posts: 4

Hi @Alexia , that you for your response. There might actually be another solution to consider that is similar and would work for my workflow as well. I almost had it working last night. Your connection with Zapier from Google Forms allows it to make a new invoice based on the forms filled out. However, the challenge is that it will only allow one invoice line the be matched and created. If you were able to allow more than one and have it play more friendly with multiple choice forms, that would be fantastic.