Options

Need a button or link on my Dashboard to submit support ticket

chj915chj915 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

I am a daily user for WAVE Apps. I login the site regularly and I am mostly on my dashboard.
However, I just realized that there is no shortcut/hyperlink/button to quickly take me to the support page.

Unless I booked-marked the support page url, I don't have a quick way from my logged-in dashboard to go to support page.

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @chj915.

You can search the Help Center from any page on your Wave account. You just need to click on the Help button at the bottom left of the page. It'll bring up a search bar, which you can use to search the Help Center for guides and articles.

• Options
    chj915chj915 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

@Alexia
    What about I don't want to search for knowledge? I just want to submit a ticket, do I have to search for something first? What is the logic here?
    It feels like WAVE intentionally hide the Submit Ticket link from the users - even the logged-in users.
    It is ok if the knowledge base is provided but I would prefer to have the direct link for submitting a ticket. Or give me a link to submit ticket, but this link takes me to the knowledge base page first - which has a visible "Submit Ticket" link somewhere.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @chj915.

There's a handful of reasons why the Help Widget is structured as it is. Not every user has access to ticket support, so a focus on self-help, guides and articles allows us to help the largest number Wavers with a single tool. A large portion of our users also prefers to not use tickets, finding it faster to search through our knowledge base first.

With all that said, this is great feedback and I'd like to hear more. What would be an issue, or type of issue, that could crop up and make you want to go to tickets immediately?

We're constantly researching how to provide the best, most effective and most efficient support, and knowing the scenarios in which you would want to go straight to tickets would help us do that.