Options

Invoice payment and payment into account can't be merged

atwithkathyatwithkathy Member Posts: 2

I invoiced a client, they paid by bank transfer so I marked the invoice as paid. This is showing up as two transactions in my transactions list. When this happened with a Paypal payment I could use the merge function to make them into one transaction. When I tried another strategy of trying to mark the payment as payment of an invoice it only showed me my unpaid invoices. This is very frustrating. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @atwithkathy.

This will happen if you have an active bank connection and are using our payment processing services. Payments recorded through Payments by Wave can't currently be merged. Instead, just delete the matching transaction uploaded by your bank.

We're working on eventually automating the merging process, to prevent duplications like this to stop adding to your workload, but these features aren't ready just yet. I don't have a timeline to offer, but we do have things in the work to make that process much less tedious.

• Options
    atwithkathyatwithkathy Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the answer. I look forward to the feature when it comes on board.