Options

Welcome Wave Pros!

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Welcome Pros! If you’re here, you may have received an email letting you know that we’re moving the Pro Network over from the Wave application to our Community.

Thank you for joining us. We’re absolutely thrilled that you’re here.

In this post, I’ll walk you through some of the steps you can take to get the most out of the forum.

1. Update your profile page

In the Community, you have a profile page, similar to your listing on the old Pro Network.

Your profile displays your username, photo, a short About section, badges you’ve earned, and your recent activity on the forum. We recommend including information you’d like to share with prospective clients in your About field (note: this information is currently public, so please do not share sensitive information here) and adding your logo or photo on the right.

Please reach out once you’ve done this so that we can add a Wave Pro badge to your profile.

2. Make an introduction

In the Pro Network subforum, you can add a new discussion to post your listing to clients.

In the below screenshot, we’ve included some suggested content for your introductory post.

You may also see business owners post requests for professional services in this area of the forum.

Engage with other members

In the Accounting Tips subforum, you’ll find Wave business owners and other Wave Pros asking for assistance and discussing best practices. This is a great opportunity to engage with the Community and develop working relationships.

To respond to a discussion, choose it from the list page and submit your reply via the text box on the bottom of the page. Personalized replies typically get a better response.

Thanks again for making the move over with us. In the near future we’ll be making some more changes to make the Community and this subforum more visible to Wave business owners, and even easier to use. Please stay tuned.

edited November 2, 2018 in Pro Network Listings

Comments

• Options
    J_Metellus_and_AssocJ_Metellus_and_Assoc Member Posts: 1

Great info. Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

• Options
    CADeeptiCADeepti Member Posts: 3

Thank you for the information. I have recently created my profile. Hence, just reaching out so you can add a Wave Pro badge to my profile. Thanks in advance!

• Options
    Northern_2018Northern_2018 Member Posts: 8

Hi, I have created my profile in the new community previously a Wave Pro and hoping you can add a Wave Pro Badge to my profile, Thank you

• Options
    Susan_BSusan_B Member Posts: 2

Hi can I have a Wave Pro Badge too please? Thanks!

• Options
  • Options
    Accountants4UAccountants4U Member Posts: 3

Hi can I have a Wave badge too, please

• Options
    JudeRoseJudeRose Member Posts: 21

Hello,
    Good to see the new site.
    could you please add a WavePro badge to my profile?

• Options

Hello again,
    How do I modify my profile details. I would like to add some more to my 'about' section

• Options
    djana821djana821 Member Posts: 5

May I please have a Pro badge on my profile? Thank you!

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @JudeRose and @djana821,

@JudeRose, you can update your profile by clicking on your name in the top right of the screen on the Community, and clicking on this icon :

You'll both have the Wave Pro badge on your profile in a moment as well :smile:

• Options

Thanks - all I appear to have is 'preference' in that drop down. I appear not to have 'edit profile'

• Options
    djana821djana821 Member Posts: 5
    Also as @JudeRose said I cannot choose anything other than "preferences" in that drop-down either.
  • Options

Thanks @JudeRose @djana821 ! Thanks for flagging this for us. When we updated the Community we made some changes to user profiles that has changed how this is done. I apologize for any confusion. I've gone ahead and reached out to our team, and I'll follow up here when this is fixed, and change the screenshots in the post as well. :)

In the meantime, I can recommend updating your signature to reflect your contact info or site and creating or engaging in discussions.

• Options
    WayzataCPAWayzataCPA Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the general information 4 getting started in the community, I would love to have a badge! (Badges - reminds me of the "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" )

• Options

Hi @Charlotte I think the issue has now been fixed. :)

• Options
    AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@WayzataCPA, to quote The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, "we don't need no stinkin' badges!"
    (just kidding, we gave you a badge and we're grateful for your support and humour!)

@JudeRose, glad to hear it. Thanks so much for letting us know!

• Options
    LPaaschLPaasch Member Posts: 1

I’m trying to find where my profile information is and how I edit it... help please.

Edited to add: once I posted I could access my profile but I can’t access it from the home page... am I miss something?

Also can I have the WavePro badge? Thanks

edited December 28, 2018
  • Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@Charlotte would you be able to help out @LPaasch with getting a badge? ^

• Options
    KimptonKimpton Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

I would like a Wave Pro badge as well, please.

• Options
    CKnottsCKnotts Member Posts: 1

Hi, could I please have a Wave Pro badge? We have several clients on Wave and we are looking to obtain more over time.

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Kimpton @CKnotts Consider yourselves Wave Pro's with that fancy new badge ;)

• Options
    MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Could you add one for me as well. I have over 20 clients on Wave and actively pursuing more.

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Mikeg. I've gone ahead and given you the pro badge as well, thanks for using our product and for having over 20 clients using Wave! Awesome!

• Options

Thanks! Hope to keep adding more.

• Options
    mdconsultingatlmdconsultingatl Member Posts: 9

Please add Wave pro badge. Thanks.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@Mikeg I've seen a lot of your comments and advice in here over the past couple of weeks, and I just want to say it's an absolute pleasure seeing you helping so many people! Thank you for chiming in and helping others out :smile:

• Options

@Ryan_W, thanks my pleasure.

• Options
    troympapatroympapa Member Posts: 21

Can I get a wave pro badge please?

• Options
    Jacinto_ChoJacinto_Cho Member Posts: 16

Very good. I am really loving Wave. <3 Please can I get a badge. How many are there?

• Options

@troympapa @Jacinto_Cho you've got badges! :)

Currently, we have a pretty small number of active accounting professionals in our Community, but approximately 200 of our registered members are Wave Pros. Many more Wave customers are professional accountants or bookkeepers, but they haven't yet registered in our forum. Let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.