Options

Automating transaction reconciliation

toasted_buntoasted_bun Member Posts: 1

Hey there,

I was just wondering if it would be possible to run an automation script over my transactions? I have some monthly outgoings that I would like to have automatically assigned a category and verified. They all have the same description and amount, so I have been using a quick "find to locate them up until now. I tried checking to see if I could use Zapier to do this for me, but that functionality is not currently allowed for Wave via Zapier. So I created a quick selenium script to do the job. It logs me in, goes to the transaction page, finds rows with a specific description, marks them with the appropriate category, verifies them, and then logs out. The only issue is bots/automated scripts are not allowed to run, for security reasons... so I can't use it.

Do you think that smart algorithms will be added to transaction matching in the future? or even manual rule matching? that way if a transaction comes in with X value in field Y, the system automatically categorises it, and then all we need to do is verify them. Alternatively, is there a way that it would be allowable for me to run my script to do the above for me?

TIA :smile:

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @toasted_bun.

Good news! Automated categorizing is something we're looking into right now. I don't have a timeline to offer for this feature just yet, it's in the works and it is something we really want to bring to Wave. We know just how much of a time saver it would be for our users.