Options

Receipts and Vendor association

jscai0623jscai0623 Member Posts: 2

Can the Merchant name on uploaded receipts be assigned the Vendor name field automatically? Right now the Merchant Name shows up in the Descriptions when I look at the transaction. I know I can manually add it after it's uploaded.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @jscai0623.

No, it isn't currently possible to automate this in Wave. Vendors are linked to bills, not receipts. With that said, I do understand why you would want to do this.

Can you tell me more about this vendor you record receipts under? Could those better handled through bills?

• Options
    jscai0623jscai0623 Member Posts: 2

Ok. I don't have too many transactions right now. I can always manually add the vendor in the transaction details after scanning the receipt. Recording the receipts through bills would actually be more work. Thank you for the update.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to help, @jscai0623 and thank you for the feedback!

• Options
    NimbusUnlimitedNimbusUnlimited Member Posts: 10

I entered a 1099 vendor when I first started with Wave this year, but end up uploading invoices from those vendors into Receipts rather than making my own "Bills". Is there a way to tie the Invoice/Receipt to my 1099 vendor?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @NimbusUnlimited , as it turns out there's no functionality to tie invoices or receipts to a 1099-NEC contractor. The only information that is required to generate the forms would be the appropriate Bill in Wave.

• Options

Hi @AlexL - That's unfortunate! I'm hoping Wave will look into updating that in the future so that we can also keep track of the invoices in the system and not have to do manual entry for those bills.

• Options

Hi @AlexL, as it turns out there is a way to tie receipts to a 1099-NEC contractor, but it's a roundabout way.

Example steps:

• Upload your receipt in whatever way you normally do (web, app, email, etc.)
    • When you're ready, push it to transactions
    • Account > Transactions
    • Click on the transaction you just pushed there from the receipt to open the Edit Transaction Details panel
    • Click the Add Vendor link under the total amount and assign the vendor

Like @jscai0623 said, it's very manual and would be better if you could do it when you confirm the receipt details. Could you please make this recommendation?

Thanks,
    Monchalee

edited March 20, 2021