Adding Transactions Manually

ShiNorShiNor Member Posts: 2

I have just started with the Wave accounting system and have run into trouble adding the transactions manually. When I read the manual on how to do this it shows a box on the left hand side where you can add the date, amountsand all the details etc. On what I am working with I do not get this box... help?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @ShiNor.

That should appear when you click on a transaction, or you use the "Add Income" or "Add expense" buttons.

If neither of those work, try clearing the cache for your browser.

• ShiNorShiNor Member Posts: 2

Hi Alexia, thanks for your response. I did the cache clear out and nothing changed. Still no "details box" appearing.... I rewatched all the instruction videos and it seems this should just appear but nothing is happening?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @ShiNor.

Could you show me a screenshot of what you're seeing? It'll give me a better idea of what might be the problem.

If you aren't using Chrome or Firefox as your browser, I recommend switching to either of those. They tend to be more stable than the alternatives.

• ShiNorShiNor Member Posts: 2

Great... I went via Chrome and it now works:)

• iowagal2iowagal2 Member Posts: 1

I wish I could add a category such as education so I can list my expenses correctly

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @iowagal2

If you'd like to add new categories this can be done under your chart of accounts > Expenses > Likely an operating expense > Then you can call it education! Your Chart of accounts is where you can add all of your custom categories in Wave!