Options

Date Display

BillieBillie Member Posts: 1

How would I go about changing the date display on the invoices? I am using Wave in South Africa and our dates are displayed as dd/mm/year. Any advice?

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Billie.

No, it isn't possible to change the way the date is displayed on invoices. The good news is that on the invoice itself, the date will appear written out like this: "July 11, 2018", so your clients will always see it in an unambiguous format. We use the same date format for reports as well.

The only places where you'll see yyyy-mm-dd used as a format won't be seen by anyone outside of your Wave account.

• Options
    YvonneUKYvonneUK Member Posts: 2

I selected settings format: ' 29 July, 2018 (as offered in the dropdown box). However invoices only go part way, displaying '2018, 29 July'. How do I fix this? Many thanks.

ps. format appears correct when running a Report

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @YvonneUK.

This option on the settings page in the old version of Wave only affects reports. The date format on invoices is always locked to "July 29, 2018". Can you show me a screenshot of what you're seeing? I just this section here:

If there is a problem with the formatting, that'll give me what I need to report it to our engineers.