Separating receipts between business and private transactions (without double transactions)

imaginatorimaginator Member Posts: 2

Hey there,

I have a shared bank account for my business and my personal things.

Assuming I push all the receipts in my business account, including the personal ones, there is an option to reflect the expenses on my books as personal, not contributing to my business expenses, as explained here:
https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622836-Handling-Business-Expenses-With-a-Personal-Bank-Account

However, managing things like this I would not have the receipts in my personal account, only in my business one, and there seems to be no option to just attach an image to the transactions in form of a receipt.

Uploading the receipts to my personal account makes it impossible to merge double transactions that are generated like this.

Summed up:

• I have a shared bank account for business and personal
  • I'd like to have my receipts seperate
  • I don't want to have double transactions

Does anyone have an idea how this problem can be solved?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @imaginator.

In your situation, I would recommend just deleting the transaction imported from your bank when you can't merge them.

We are in the process of creating a better workflow for moving transactions between your business and your personal page, but that new feature isn't quite ready yet. Until it is, this is how you would handle paying for business expenses on a personal account.

• imaginatorimaginator Member Posts: 2

Hi @Alexia,

Thanks for the comment. So the situation is actually a little different. This isn't a "pure" business bur rather a house build where I push all transactions related to the build (and ideally scanned receipts) over to the "business" account. Eventually the "business" account should owe me the value of the house + buildout costs.

I'm really excited to see the new workflow!

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @imaginator.

You might have an easier time splitting up your bank statement manually and uploading the business side to the business, and the personal side to your personal page, instead of going through a bank connection.

This would make it impossible to reconcile your balance with your bank statements, but it might give you an easier time making sure the right transactions go to the right place.