Dashboard not updating when recording payments

Chantal_OmodiagbeChantal_Omodiagbe Member Posts: 5

Hi Alexa. Thanks for your reply suggesting I clear my cache as a way of refreshing the dashboard so that it reflects payments received. Up until now I haven't experienced any problems, so just to be clear, this is a new issue for me. I've cleared the cache and logged out and back in again, and still new payments are not being reflected in the bar graph so income shown is not income earned. A little frustrating. Can you assist? Thanks.

Comments

• Chantal_OmodiagbeChantal_Omodiagbe Member Posts: 5

Hi Alexa. I think I've figured it out. Could it be that I need to have the Service categorised as Sales, not Job Income for a recorded payment to show up on the Dashboard bar-graph?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Chantal_Omodiagbe.

Can you tell me more about your situation? Is Cash Flow graph not updating, or is it the Profit & Loss Graph? Both these graphics handle transactions differently, so knowing which graph is causing issues will give us a clearer idea of what the issue might be.

Could you also give us the details of the transaction that isn't being reflected on the graph? The more information you can give, the better.

Hi Alexa. Surprisingly, my Income & Expenses dashboard, about which I've been asking, has strangely decided to update this morning. Could there have been a glitch in the system as I haven't made any changes my end? Could you answer one more question for me? Can you confirm that the Income & Expenses dashboard (which is the one accessible from the menu on the LHS of the home page), reflects invoiced amounts as opposed to recorded payments? Thanks, Chantal.

Hi, @Chantal_Omodiagbe.

Happy to hear everything seems to be working! It's hard to tell what could've happened without having seen the before and after myself.

That's exactly right. Wave operates in accrual-based accounting, which means that income and expenses are recorded when you create an invoice or a bill, not when you actually receive or send out payments.

Thanks @Alexia. So, just to confirm, when an Estimate is sent (versus an Invoice or Bill), this doesn't show until actually invoiced. Correct?

That is correct, @Chantal_Omodiagbe! Estimates don't figure anywhere in your accounting until they've been transformed into proper invoices.