Options

Bank payments oversees

CamCam Member Posts: 11

Hi there,

I'd like to know how easy it is for over seas clients to use bank payments and what confirmations I get when they do. I had a scenario in the past where a client paid via a bank transfer but I did not have an official confirmation, just a screenshot of the transaction record from the client. This meant that I had to start the job not knowing for sure if the client had paid (thankfully, the client paid and everything was fine).
So my concerns are:
1. How soon do I get confirmation.
2. How sure I can be that the funds are on a one way non-cancellable trip to my bank account.
3. How likely is it that an overseas client will find their bank in the Wave bank options? Meaning, is it a robust list of financial institutions?

Thanks!

• Cam
edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Cam.

You won't be able to process an international bank payment through Wave. Both you and your client's bank account must be in the same country to be able to process a bank payment through Payments by Wave at this time.

To pay for that invoice, your out-of-country client will have to pay by credit card.

• Options

Hi @Alexia ,

Thanks for the clarification!
    To follow up, when an overseas client is using a credit card, are there any restrictions or limitations that I should keep in mind? Like cards that are not accepted and such?

Tanks,
    Cam

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Cam.

The big one is that you have to invoice in the same currency as your business, regardless of your client's home currency. So if your business is based in the US, you'll have to invoice in USD. Your clients can pay with credit cards operating in other currencies and the conversion will be handled on their end.

We support most credit cards, as well as prepaid cards or gift cards bearing Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express trademarks.

• Options

Hi @Alexia ,

Great - thanks for the walkthrough!

• Cam