Options

Card processing questions

ATepferATepfer Member Posts: 4

Is there an option to choose the merchant descriptor that customers would see on their statement? If not, what will appear by default?

When accepting payments, is there an option for AVS to be used? Is there an option for 3D secure processing? Can a customer be required to provide their address when making a payment even if AVS is not being used?

Are there any solutions within Wave for processing payments from countries that are not on the pricing list (I.E. South Africa, UAE, etc.)?

I am sure this is just something I am missing, but what is the process to issue a refund or a partial refund?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @ATepfer.

I am more than happy to give you more information about our payment processing system, but I have to preface it by saying that payment processing is not currently available for business in your country.

To be able to access our payment processing service you would have to have a physical address in a supported country, as well as be a resident of that country.

Businesses in countries that do not have access to our payment processing service are still welcome to use our free accounting and invoicing tools, but will have to accept payments through external means and record their payments manually.

Could you give me more specific details about your business, its location and your situation? I'll be able to give you more specific information then.

• Options
    ATepferATepfer Member Posts: 4

Hi @Alexia

I am a US citizen and the business has a physical location in the US as well.

We are looking to process card payments from customers using cards issued by US banks as well as from customers from other countries such as the UK and Australia who would be using cards issued by banks in their respective countries.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @ATepfer.

Businesses in the US can process payments through bank transfer for clients in the US and accept credit card payments from all over the world, as long as the currency on your invoice matches the default currency for your business.

We do have internal processes to prevent fraud, and you can read more about our security policy here. If you'd also like to read more about our policies regarding payment processing for businesses in the US, check out this link.