Options

FIELD FOR TRACKING PURPOSES

sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 4

Hi,
is there any field for our tracking purposes other than the date, invoice number and the price?
We need a tracking field so that when we key in the reference in the field we can get retrieve the invoice faster.

Thank you and Best Regards

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @sulaiman.

There isn't such a field right now, but I'd love to hear more about what you have in mind.

What kind of information would you use in a field like this? You are able to filter through your invoices by client as well. I'd be curious to know what kind of tagging you would like to see.

I might be able to offer a workaround as well if I have a bit more information.

• Options

the number is a reference number or courier consignment note number that once we key in, we can check if the shipment have been invoice or not

• Options

Thanks for following up, @sulaiman!

Would it be an option for you to use this number as part of your invoice numbering scheme? I know this isn't a very elegant workaround, but you could put it just before your invoice number for time being, separated by a dash, to allow you to search using that number. You'd end up with something like "Ref. XXXXXXXXXX - Invoice XXXXX".

• Options

Dear Alexia, didn't think of it that way.But I do not know how to change the invoice number as in the setting. Another thing how long does the reference number and invoice number can be accepted.Is there any limit?

edited July 28, 2018
  • Options

Hi, @sulaiman.

You won't be able to automate that, you'll have to set it as the invoice number at creation, or later down the road by clicking the arrow next to that invoice and choosing "Edit".

Wave tends to be pretty generous with character limits. For the invoice number field, the maximum is 255 characters.