Print Multiple Invoices

spicekitchenspicekitchen Member Posts: 3

How do I print multiple invoices?

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @spicekitchen.

There's currently no way to download or print multiple invoices at once in Wave. You'll have to do it one at the time.

Can I ask a bit more about the circumstances in which you need paper copies of multiple invoices? Do you have many clients who don't use email addresses? Are these paper copies just for your records? If that's the case, would PDF copies be enough, or do you need them on paper?

• Options

Its ok I managed to download them and import into Xero. Have closed down our Wave account, was great for when we started out but need more reporting now

• Options

Hi, @spicekitchen.

I'd love to know what kind of reports and insight you feel are missing from Wave if you have the time to share. We're sorry to see you go, but if there's a chance for us to take this opportunity to grow, we'd be very grateful.

Are there specific reports you feel are missing from Wave?

• Options

Before we even get onto reports, what about reconciliation? And also creating all the bank rules that Xero does? Also how about PayPal integration as we have both a bank account and PayPal account?

• Options

Hi, @spicekitchen.

We do have a bank reconciliation feature in the new version of Wave. We're working on moving everyone over, but our priority is to ensure the integrity of your data throughout that migration. We've been gradually bringing our users to the new version since the beginning of the year and aim to be done within the next three to six months. If you'd like a preview of the new version of Wave, try making a new account! Every new account automatically uses the new interface.

We also do have a PayPal integration. You can connect your PayPal account to Wave by clicking on "Integrations" on the menu on the left-hand side.

As for rules-based categorization, you're right, that's not something that's available in Wave right now. We're working on a new system to categorize your transactions automatically, but that feature isn't ready just yet. Our engineers are working tirelessly to bring this feature, and many others, to you in the near future.

• Options
    Mister_JinnMister_Jinn Member Posts: 3

Hi, is there any chance we will be getting a bulk print or download feature as this is forcing me to look for another provider that does offer this feature as it is a tedious process to download and print 1 invoice at a time when there are hundreds of invoices

• Options

Hi, @Mister_Jinn,

It is possible, but I can't guarantee a timeline or promise that this feature will make it to Wave. We do, however, always welcome feedback, which has a significant impact on how we choose what to build for Wave next. Thank you for taking the time to offer yours.

Your best option, for the time being, is to add yourself as a recipient to all of your invoices by checking the "Send a copy to myself" checkbox and "Send copy as PDF" during the sending step. This way, you'll have a copy of each of those invoices in PDF format in your email inbox.

It's not an ideal solution, but it might still help.

Could I ask for a bit more context as to why you need to download all of your invoices? If I have a better idea of your solution, I might be able to offer a better workaround. It will also give us a better idea of your needs and of the impact a feature like this would have on your business and on the businesses of other Wavers.

edited September 19, 2018
  • Options
    Mister_JinnMister_Jinn Member Posts: 3

I'm sorry for the delayed response.
    I sell a lot of products on a daily basis and need to keep a hard copy of all my invoices and need to give my clients a copy as well. At the moment its really tedious to have to print one invoice at a time when there's hundreds to do a day. This is one of the main features that wave is missing, it would even help if there is just an option to download all or a batch of invoices at once.

I do hope the wave team can incorporate a method of doing batch printing or downloading of invoices, otherwise wave has been a pleasure to use.

• Options

Thanks for following up with additional details, @Mister_Jinn. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

• Options
    Bowness_PH2014Bowness_PH2014 Member Posts: 1

Has anyone made a feature for printing multiple invoices at once yet? I'm printing off all my invoices to keep hard copies and currently I'm printing them off 1 at a time...

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Bowness_PH2014 ! Thank you for reaching out.

We are aware that users have expressed interest in this functionality. However, to be completely transparent with you, this feature has not been implemented and is not on our current product road map. This is not to say that user feedback and insight is being dismissed, or that multiple invoice printing won't be re-evaluated down the line. As it stands, this functionality won't be implemented in the foreseeable future.

• Options
    HarloweMicrosHarloweMicros Member Posts: 2

@Alexia said:
    Hi, @spicekitchen.

I'd love to know what kind of reports and insight you feel are missing from Wave if you have the time to share. We're sorry to see you go, but if there's a chance for us to take this opportunity to grow, we'd be very grateful.

Are there specific reports you feel are missing from Wave?

@ Alexia
    I'm in the same boat, currently looking for another alternative to wave.
    Issues:
    1) For sales tax report, there is no way for me to look at total sales during the quarter, I have to switch between screens and figure it out from "Income by customer" which isn't a complete report for this.
    2) Can't print more than 1 invoice at a time. (Also for some reason my invoices have an extra page?)
    3) I have yet to figure out how to assign a withdraw transaction to a specific 1099.
    4)It would be nice to have the ability to tie Wave to my State Sales tax so I can run the report, and click the "pay" button.
    5) Run queries to find how many of a specific product I sold.
    6) Mark a product in the product listing for "Resale" so when I do my quarterly's I can run a report against that to find out how much I sold is for resale and how much isn't ( has to do with required info on sales tax forms.)

Wave was fantastic for me as a starter business. However, given the limitations I'm on the hunt for a product that can accomplish even half the list above.

edited October 22, 2020