Wrong credit card payment date on invoice

FionaFiona Member Posts: 3

Hi

I just had an invoice payed by credit card and wave created a transaction with the incorrect payment date. The invoice date was the 21st July and it was payed on the 21st July, but the transaction that wave created has the payment date as the 20th July. I can't edit or delete this transaction. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Fiona

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Fiona.

I moved this discussion from the Forum Rules category to Troubleshooting. In the future, please be mindful of the category under which you post a discussion in the Community. It'll make your question easier to find for both members of the admin team and for other Wavers who might be asking themselves the same.

This discrepancy is caused by the time zone difference between your location and Wave HQ's. In essence, when you got paid for this invoice, it was still the 20th in Toronto.

This won't affect any of your accrual-based reports (so your income statement, for example, will stay accurate).

If you need this payment to be recorded for the 21st, you can remove it from the Invoices page. Just click on the invoice linked to this payment and click on "Remove Payment" under "Get Paid". You can then re-add the payment for the full amount on the same page, and just use the right date.

I do understand that this is inconvenient. I'll be bringing this up with the right team on this end.

• FionaFiona Member Posts: 3

Thanks for getting back to me and raising the issue with the right team on your end. I'm new to wave and I'm enjoying using it. Fixing this issue would improve the experience for international users.

And sorry about posting to the wrong section. I will make a note of it in future :-)

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to help out, @Fiona!