Invoice Email Template

2»

Comments

• Options
    abaskabask Member Posts: 2

I'd like this too!

• Options
    georgegeorge Member Posts: 2

And here we are heading into 2021. We've all survived a horrific pandemic, but still can't get a default email message feature added to our invoicing software, Very frustrating.

• Options
    sicksoundsicksound Member Posts: 2

Yes default text for email, crucial when trying to add personality to a blunt request for $$ ;)

• Options
    IntegrativeRNIntegrativeRN Member Posts: 1

Would really like to see this as well. It's a critical moment in the customer experience and the ability to add some personality and consistent tone when asking for payment I'm sure would increase conversion as well as make the invoice 'fit' better into existing branding.

• Options
    GlassGuyGlassGuy Member Posts: 1

This has to be the most asked question and Wave turns their back every time it's asked. It's unbelievably frustrating at this point. My invoices have a paragraph that I don't like retyping. So I have to look through my emails from the last time I checked the "send to self" button and copy and paste it.
    1. Let us make an invoice message template
    2. Let us set a default customer Country so we don't have to select one every time, and give us the choice to hide the country on invoices and estimates. Local contractors are using Wave and it looks ridiculous for contractors that have customers in the same city they're in see "United States" in the address.

• Options
    TonesTones Member Posts: 1

Wave, y'all need to get this together. This has been asked for since MID 2018 ?!?!? It's 2021, are we getting this email template or should we take business elsewhere?

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone!

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm afraid that an invoice templates and additional customization options are not in the works at is it stand. I know that this isn't the news you were hoping for but I wanted to breakdown the processes of adding new features to Wave for some additional context.

When we plan out the features we're building next, a significant factor we pay attention to is customer feedback. But there's actually a lot more that goes into our product planning, too, and we wanted to give you a better understanding of the decision making that happens at Wave HQ:

Our product managers and customer success heroes are constantly in touch with customers, accountants and bookkeepers, gathering insights into how they use Wave and what they want to see next. We capture it all.

Naturally, a feature that has the potential to revolutionize the way you run your business, or that affects many customers, will get more attention. Also, some features are easier to build than others. If a feature request will take a lot of time to build, we need to make sure it drives extra value for our customers.

Sometimes a feature looks easy, but it has underlying requirements that are difficult, or an infrastructure that doesn't exist. Wave's system handles billions of data packages every week, and we want everything to flow smoothly. Sometimes, it's the architecture that supports a feature, and not the feature itself, that requires the most engineering. We look at whether the work that goes into a feature can be bundled up with other work. Sometimes a feature with fewer requests will get worked on early because we're already making changes to a related part of the machinery, and it makes sense to address several issues while we're in there.

There are more factors, too, like competitive considerations, advances in technology, changes to regulatory constraints and so on.

All of this goes into the decision-making process for new features. At the end of it all, our goal is nothing less than delivering the very best tools for running your business.

I hope this helps shed some light on Wave's decision make process and product/feature timelines.

• Options
    mikecheongmikecheong Member Posts: 1

I was going to request this feature but seem that lots of people already have. Hope wave would consider this as its pretty tedious to keep re-writing our messages
    At least let us personalize it or edit the sentence structure so that it won't be too blunt, and we can add our own touch and branding there

• Options
    ARDRAdraftingARDRAdrafting Member Posts: 1

Chiming in on this, it's definitely one of those 'need to haves' for sending estimates, invoices and reminders to clients. The built-in is kind of cold and as a solopreneur the 'we' doesn't really fit.

Also, adding the option to include a link to submit reviews, complete a survey and connect to social media accounts would be ideal.

The option to choose to create a customized HTML or text email template would be incredible! :)

• Options
    PaigettiePaigettie Member Posts: 10

"me too" please. I find it interesting that recurring invoices has a template to set up for email messages for auto send messages, but nothing else? When I set up my first recurring invoice recently and saw that I got all kinds of excited thinking it was an option now, but alas, not so. "please add this feature" =). Thank you!