Search by description

2»

Comments

• QuiteQuinnQuiteQuinn Member Posts: 4

It has been almost a year since this feature was released and I still can't use it because my account hasn't been migrated. Is there something users can do to prioritize their migration? I'm considering switching platforms for something that has the basic features I need.

• QuiteQuinnQuiteQuinn Member Posts: 4

Can you instead advise us on how to use the URL to query for descriptions instead?

ex.
    https://accounting.waveapps.com/AN_ID/transactions/?sort=transaction_date&sort_order=desc&page_size=200&THE_DESC_LABEL=YOUR_VALUE&page_number=1&status=unverified

• AGEAGE Member Posts: 2

Hi, I have been using Wave accounting for a number of years. Looking forward to being migrated to the new application. How long will it be before I'll be able to make full utilization of search functionality?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @QuiteQuinn . There's nothing that can be done to prioritize migration as we want to ensure that when our users are migrated, their historical data is left untouched and 100% intact. With this being said, when you are migrated over you will have the search functionality , but I can't offer an ETA as to when that will be. In terms of searching using the URL, it's not possible to actually use it to search transactions.

Hey @AGE . As mentioned in the post above, we're actively working on moving our users over to the new system but we're working out a few kinks so that we know we can move your data over accurately. Because your account information is our priority, we need to ensure that these migrations happen correctly without jeopardizing any of your data. When this happens, you will be migrated, but I cannot offer an ETA at the moment.

• kennethyimkennethyim Member Posts: 3

It's June 2019 now, I would love to have this too!

• ronpiperronpiper Member Posts: 1

could you please advise when my account will have access to the new version of wave? how far off exactly this may be? I see that you have a search feature in the transaction list for over a year now but I still don't have it.

The reason I am looking for an ETA for this is it will influence mine and several of my customers move to another accounting platform.
    Thanks

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @ronpiper, @kennethyim, thank you for reaching out. First off I completely understand your frustration here in having to wait so long for this update. Unfortunately, the migration of every Wave account over to a new platform has taken longer than first anticipated! In full transparency, some of the new features that we did implement were not received very well by users, which is why we paused migration temporarily to iron out what we got wrong allow ourselves the time to update and improve those things! Although I do not have a specific date for when your account will be migrated, I can guarantee that it will be soon. As always, we really appreciate your patience & understanding.

• WillistonWilliston Member Posts: 3

Search does not work for partial matches. Example: Searching for the transaction with description "-ACT*YM-YWCA Vic" by typing the partial string "YMCA" does not return any results.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Williston . Because "YMCA" doesn't exist as one piece in the transaction description, the system won't pull the info. If you search for "YWCA" as this is apart of your transaction, this will surface the transaction for you.

• SayeedSayeed Member Posts: 10

@Wave Support team
    Hi there,

We need your assistance on this specific transaction for which we have customers that we invoice on a monthly subscription basis and our customers sometimes pay off 3 months once for 3 monthly subscription. Below screenshot

As in the screenshot we split the transaction (it was possible in older waveapps to link it to appropriate invoice payment) .

but in the upgraded waveapp it seams not possible. when we want to link it to an invoice payment it shows only 3 pending invoices to select from. We have other invoice that are unpaid by the specific customer that we want to link it to but can't.

Please advice on how we can link it to correct invoice ?

Thank You in advance and will greatly appreciate your time and support.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Sayeed! Thanks for reaching out here! This is definitely a bit of a tricky one. Is that one invoice that you're attempting to associate these transactions with currently showing as paid, or unpaid? If it's already marked as paid then it would not appear in that categorization list you've shown here.

• rbrooksrbrooks Member Posts: 2

@JamieD said:
    @april70913 This is for when you add a sales tax to a transaction in Wave. The way that you add them is by going to your Settings > Sales Taxes (and adding them as a recoverable tax so you can track them in your reporting). I feel as though these help centre articles should give you a bit more insight here; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004972006-Adding-sales-taxes-

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004972126-Sales-tax-reporting-changes

Hi Jamie, I have HST set up but don't see it displaying on the transactions page. I need to go one by one to open each transaction to see if it is applied. How can I have it display the same way you do in the image shared? This would be very helpful to ensure I didn't miss an application to a transaction. Thankyou