Options

Duplicate transactions

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

We're happy to announce a new time saving feature for those repetitive transactions. Duplicate in a single click to save time on your bookkeeping.

Duplicate Transaction

Please note that you must save changes to the transaction you're editing before you will be able to duplicate it. Also note that payment transactions and transfers are not able to be duplicated at present.

What do you think of this feature? Has it been useful? Anything you think we can improve? Let us know below!

Comments

• Options
    FSSFSS Member Posts: 1

THIS IS A PLUS FEATURE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS THANKS

• Options
    JustinAJustinA Member Posts: 37 admin

@FSS Glad you're liking this feature! Have you been using it for a little while or did you just discover it through what's new? And what are you using it for, recurring expenses or something else?

• Options
    SapnaSapna Member Posts: 3

God sent! Thank you! Saves me a lot of time. I have recurrent expenses and journal entries.

• Options

Thanks for sharing @Sapna, glad you're finding the feature useful!

• Options
    ZZagZZag Member Posts: 2

Used it today. Great time saver!! Thank you

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to hear it, @ZZag!

• Options
    tommytommy Member Posts: 2

Still can't do this from transactions list? Painfully slow to do any work in this app.

• Options

Hi, @tommy.

This is because you're still using the old version of Wave. We're working on moving everyone over to the new, much faster, version of Wave, but there are still a few things we need to finish before we can move everyone safely. Our priority here is to ensure the integrity of your data through that migration process, so we're being careful.

We are aiming to be done moving everyone over within the next few months, so stay tuned. These new features are heading your way. If you'd like a preview of what the new version has to offer, try making a new Wave account. Every new account uses this new version by default, so you'd be able to see what's exactly what's on the way.

• Options
    chris2chris2 Member Posts: 1

I can't figure out how to duplicate bills! Even though the new feature announcement says that it should be possible to duplicate bills I can't find a way to do this. I use bills to account for my travel expenses and I drive to the same places a lot.

The button in the screenshot above is inactive and I assume that if it wasn't it would not duplicate the bill behind the transaction??!!

Please help!

• Options

@chris2 Thanks for the feedback. The in app explanation could be more clear, going to see about updating that. Unfortunately there is not a way to duplicate bills at present. We disabled the duplication option on bill payments as it would just create another payment for the same amount on an existing bill, a rather uncommon case.

Is there a way you can use a transaction rather than a bill to represent these travel expenses so that you can take advantage of the duplicate transaction feature? If you give me a few more details as to what you're logging on the bill and when/how you pay it I may be able to help come up with a solution for you.

edited August 9, 2018
  • Options
    UnWriteTheRulesUnWriteTheRules Member Posts: 3

At last!! Hooray! One thing - I noticed that after I duplicate and save, it stays there right beside the original expense instead of sorting itself into date order. I know I can re-sort it manually, but it would make sense for it to slot in to the right space automatically. Thanks for the feature!

• Options

Hi, @UnWriteTheRules.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I tried it on my end and refreshing the page after you save the new date on the duplicated transaction moves it to the right spot. It's not quite instant, but if you want everything moved to the place where it should be, you just need to refresh your browser.

• Options
    UnWriteTheRulesUnWriteTheRules Member Posts: 3

Brilliant. Thanks for letting me know!

• Options

Happy to help out!

• Options
    FAS123FAS123 Member Posts: 1

Hi the auto categorise is abit slow, is there a easier way to get it to recognise a similar transaction and assisgn the same account to that

• Options

@FAS123 Thanks for reaching out. I'm not quite sure what you're referring to when you say the auto categorise is a bit slow, can you give me a few more details of what you're trying to do? Generally speaking, search or other filters to group similar transactions, followed by bulk editing the category is likely the quickest way to achieve what you describe.

• Options
    AngryGamesIncAngryGamesInc Member Posts: 2

Thank you for this! It'll make my repetitive monthly payroll journal entry a snap.

• Options
    MunishMunish Member Posts: 1

Thanks for adding this feature, this will help. It will be great if we can setup recurring transactions and system can generate those automatically.

• Options
    P4NCHP4NCH Member Posts: 5

Hi new user here, a quick question if I may?

1. I understand from the comments above that the duplicate billing isn't available (August). Any news on this?

2. Something that I would find useful, the ability to create a recurring bill. As we all have bills that come in let's say on the first of the month, every month. Setting them to recur into the queue then manually confirming the payment would be amazing! Here's hoping I'm either missing something or it's your the roadmap!

• Options
    James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hey @P4NCH , at the moment duplicate and recurring billing aren't on the immediate roadmap; however, the Bills page is at the center of some of our new features, so it's likely to be getting some love from our team moving forward. Thanks for the feedback!

• Options
    Zoe5Zoe5 Member Posts: 2

Is it possible to duplicate a journal entry? We need this feature to facilitate our quarterly sales tax refund or payment tracking. Right now each of our journal entry contains 6 lines - 3 for federal tax and 3 for provincial tax. I can imaging that for companies on monthly reporting it's a lot of lines to manually enter.

• Options
    LevyLevy Member Posts: 2

First of all, thanks for the entire Wave team for this amazing Software!
    I'd just like to emphasise the importance of having the option of recurring billing, this will save me so much time, to simply set up all basic monthly cost, line rental, software utilities etc.
    This seems rather basic and rather simple to create.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@Zoe5 @Levy thank you very much for your feedback. If you'd like to elaborate on where these features fit in your business workflows, please feel free to create a discussion in the main Wave Features category. Either way, we really appreciate hearing from you!

• Options
    megh9contactmegh9contact Member Posts: 22

I am not able to understand on which screen this feature is available.
    I am looking for a feature to duplicate bill(similar to invoice) and duplicate Journal Transactions.

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @megh9contact - Journal Transactions aren't duplicatable, they would need to be recreated from scratch. Bills however we just added a duplicate feature. If you head over to Purchases > Bills, and click the downwards facing arrow beside the bill in question, one of the options should be copy/duplicate.

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @megh9contact I wanted to follow up again. I dug into it a little further and you can duplicate Journal Transactions. My apologies for the oversight here, especially since you'd duplicate the journal transaction in the exact same manner as a regular transaction.

So, once you've generated or have a journal transaction you're looking to duplicate, select it, and then click the button beside the delete option on the edit panel. It should look something like this:

image test

• Options

The problem is, my screen is not like this.
    There is some version issue ie.e next.waveapps.com.. something like that.

I am not sure why its not updated for us.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@megh9contact the reason it looks different is because you're still on the legacy version of Wave. There isn't a way for you to actively update to the new version; instead, we're moving existing users over carefully in cohorts. You'll be notified by email and in-app when this change is being made, so keep an eye out! Thanks for being so patient while we get everyone updated.

• Options

@Ryan_W said:
    @megh9contact the reason it looks different is because you're still on the legacy version of Wave. There isn't a way for you to actively update to the new version; instead, we're moving existing users over carefully in cohorts. You'll be notified by email and in-app when this change is being made, so keep an eye out! Thanks for being so patient while we get everyone updated.

Hi Ryan,

I really appreciate your effort but it would be good, if you can provide us this feature. As we need to create atleast 50 journal transaction that we created earlier.

In invoice, there is a option to duplicate invoice and it really help us a lot because we need to create Almost similar invoice all the time.

So request you to please provide the exact same feature for duplicating the Journal Transaction so that we will just change the date and it will be done.

• Options

@Samd said:
    Hey @megh9contact I wanted to follow up again. I dug into it a little further and you can duplicate Journal Transactions. My apologies for the oversight here, especially since you'd duplicate the journal transaction in the exact same manner as a regular transaction.

So, once you've generated or have a journal transaction you're looking to duplicate, select it, and then click the button beside the delete option on the edit panel. It should look something like this:

image test

Hi Sam,

Please note that we do not create transaction from "Transaction Page", we create from Journal Transaction Page.
    So if would be awesome if you can provide me feature to duplicate "Journal Transaction"