Duplicate transactions

2»

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Ah sorry @megh9contact - I should have confirmed if you were on the newer or older platform. Unfortunately our advice was based off of the newer platform, in the older there wasn't actually a way to duplicate journal transactions. We're in the process of moving people over to the newer platform, where JTs live in the actual transactions page, and can be duplicated and edited in the same way a regular transaction can. We should be moving your account over to this platform soon!

• megh9contactmegh9contact Member Posts: 22

@Samd said:
    Ah sorry @megh9contact - I should have confirmed if you were on the newer or older platform. Unfortunately our advice was based off of the newer platform, in the older there wasn't actually a way to duplicate journal transactions. We're in the process of moving people over to the newer platform, where JTs live in the actual transactions page, and can be duplicated and edited in the same way a regular transaction can. We should be moving your account over to this platform soon!

Any expected date to move to new platform.

We create atleast 50 Journal transaction which are exactly same except new date.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @megh9contact, in the spirit of full transparency, we have temporarily paused migration for the remainder of users still on our older accounting software. The reason for this is that some of our updated features have not been very well received by users that have been migrated, we have gathered a lot of feedback and off of that we are improving and changing some of the new features to provide the best user experience that we can. Not until these updates have been completed and rolled out to the best of our ability will we continue migrating the rest of our users over.

I do not currently have an ETA on when your account will be migrated, but it will be soon! Our Product Team is working tirelessly to get all updates completed and provide you with the best product that we can. Thank you for your patience thus far! :smile:

• megh9contactmegh9contact Member Posts: 22

Thanks Zoe for the update.

We really like waveapps but creating duplicate Journal Transaction, Duplicate Bill is really required.
    Please help us.

• LaurenMLaurenM Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

I've just switched over to Wave (finally) on 12/31/19 from adventures in other accounting programs. I'm telling all my friends about Wave.

I have two requests:

1) SCHEDULED (automatic) recurring transactions:
    I see that Wave cannot yet do SCHEDULED (automatic) recurring transactions, but it seems that it is not that different from other coding. For example: Transferring money from checking to savings on a prescribed day of the month. Is this something that Wave might do soon?

2) Rules for transactions:
    Will Wave be able to assign rules to repeat transactions, such as identify a Payee or Payer, or put a category to a transaction?
    Thanks!
    Lauren

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @LaurenM , glad to hear about your interest in Wave, welcome! I'll answer your questions in order below:

1. You're correct, we don't currently do scheduled recurring transactions. This isn't in the scope of our product team at the moment, so I don't think it'll be coming in the near future.
    2. Although we have automatic categorization, you can't actually set rules for it. The system is supposed to learn as it goes though, and we'll be working on improving this function in the coming future.
  • LaurenMLaurenM Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

@AlexL said:
    Hi @LaurenM , glad to hear about your interest in Wave, welcome! I'll answer your questions in order below:

1. You're correct, we don't currently do scheduled recurring transactions. This isn't in the scope of our product team at the moment, so I don't think it'll be coming in the near future.
    2. Although we have automatic categorization, you can't actually set rules for it. The system is supposed to learn as it goes though, and we'll be working on improving this function in the coming future.

Thanks, @AlexL . I look forward to everything.