"An account with this email already exists"

FeiFei Member Posts: 3

I just closed my RBC bank account and opened a new one (the same bank). As I tried to use my email to log in Wave through the new bank account, this error message appeared—"An account with this email already exists". I know I should go back to my previous bank account and log in Wave and change the email address in my profile settings, however, as I have already closed that bank account, I can't log in Wave throught that account anymore. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks!

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Fei!

I can help you out! I'm reaching out through a private message, follow up with me there and we'll get to the bottom of this!

• FeiFei Member Posts: 3

The problem was solved. Thank you for the quick help!

• dandiesdandies Member Posts: 5

Hi @Alexia,
    I have the same problem. I want to register an email but get the error message "Something isn't quite right." and "This email address is already associated with a Wave account." - I may have opened an account with this email in the past but no longer use it.

How can this be solved?

edited January 29, 2019
  • Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @dandies, if this is the case, you'll need to close the previous Wave account before signing up with that email address. If you've forgotten the password for that old account, you can simply click "forgot?" to go through the steps of resetting your password. Once you reset your password, you can log into the old account, close it, and then start fresh with the new account.

• dandiesdandies Member Posts: 5

This is so long ago, I don't exactly recall the email in question. I did send a PM too, with that information contained therein. How do I find that again?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @dandies -- all you will need to do is resend yourself that particular email first (the reset my password email). Once you have gone through changing your password in Wave, you should be able to go ahead and delete the account that is associated with your email address and start over.