Options

Duplicate name on invoices

thebookkeeperthebookkeeper Member Posts: 5

Hi,

When I create an invoice I find that the customer name is repeated in twice.

eg.
John Smith
John Smith
5 Common Road
Common Town

I understand the first is the Company name, which is mandatory. As the Company Name in my case always = clients name I would like to know if there is a way to display either the Company Name or First / Last Name of each customer on an invoice. I do not want to go through and delete all the first / last names of each customer.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @thebookkeeper.

No, in cases of clients like our fictional customer John Smith here, you'll just have to remove their first and last name from their line on the Customers page. The good news is that you can just do that directly from your invoice.

When you invoice a client whose name would appear twice, pick that client and click on "edit this customer". It'll bring up a pop-up from which you'll be able to remove their name. That way, you can just clean the details of those clients up as new invoices come in and do it quickly at that.

• Options
    thebookkeeperthebookkeeper Member Posts: 5

Thanks for your help Alexia. I would like to keep a record of first, last names and not delete them and so would like a feature request to either not have Company name as mandatory or have the ability toggle displays of Company Name within the Invoice settings.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for following up, @thebookkeeper, and for taking the time to share your feedback!