Options

Wave Developers

atelierfinezzeatelierfinezze Member Posts: 4

Two months ago I submitted an improvement suggestion to enable credit receipts to be uploaded in the Wave sister ap: Receipts. It’s such an easy no-brainer to implement to improve the ap I presumed some developer would be right onto it. Instead I got back an automated reply. I waited presuming someone would eventually read my suggestion and respond with a thank you and proposed action. Nothing arrived in my inbox for two months. Since no upgrade has been issued to the ap, I submitted a follow up reply to the automated response today. The same stock automated response followed.

It’s extremely disappointing to get an automated reply from a brilliant and easy improvement suggestion. It pretty much indicates that Wave has abandoned the ap to fester. So guys, the moral is don’t bother sending ideas to these people as any developers they had working on improvements have left. Cheers to finding an accounting platform that stays active after its launch.

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @atelierfinezze.

I'm sorry you feel like your suggestion wasn't heard. I can promise you that it did reach our product team. If Wave's automated reply to your message wasn't clear on how we processed suggestions like yours, leaving you feeling like it was discarded, that's on us. I'll forward this feedback to the people responsible for that automation.

Our team doesn't reply to feature suggestions sent in through our ticket submission form. They are collected and read by our product team, who keeps track of every suggestion we receive. They'll use this feedback to assess what to build next, based on a variety of factors, an important one of which is comments from our users.

We don't guarantee that any feature suggestion will be implemented, but we're always happy to receive your feedback.

You did suggest this feature on the Community back in May. I followed up with you with a few questions to better understand your needs so we could have more information to share with the product team. If you'd like to continue this discussion, I'm more than happy to do so on that thread.

If you aren't getting any notifications for responses to your posts on the Community, you can edit your notification preferences by click the cog on the top-right of your screen, going to Edit Profile and then Notification Preferences.

As for future improvements, we're constantly making upgrades to Wave. Right now, we're working on a brand new API to bring new integrations to Wave and moving forward in migrating all of our users to the new version of Wave. You can also now keep an eye on updates to Wave's accounting tools here.

Finally, if you'd like to read more on how we choose what feature to work on next, I recommend reading this post. It might provide some insight into our approach.

edited July 27, 2018