Options

Receipts mistaken for invoices

fasfas Member Posts: 11

Twice now customers have mistaken a receipt for an invoice. It's hard to say why, but one distinct possibility is that there is a very prominent blue button which overrides in their mind everything else it says on the page, which says "View Invoice". I think it would be better if View Receipt were in the button and swapped with the lower prominence bit below that should say "View original invoice"

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the feedback, @fas!

This might not be of any help, but if a payment was recorded to an invoice, your clients are going to be able to see that payment on the invoice itself.

There's also a "Paid" stamp at the bottom of the receipt. Do you think it might be helpful to move that stamp somewhere more obvious? That might also solve the issue.

With that said, I can absolutely see where you're coming from with your comment and we really appreciate you taking the time to share!

• Options
    post78post78 Member Posts: 16

Perhaps a semi-transparent green or blue "paid" in large type stamped diagonally across the entire invoice. Similar to a "void" or "sample" stamp.

• Options

That's exactly what I was picturing, @post78. Thanks for jumping in.

• Options
    fasfas Member Posts: 11

I'm sure that would help, but I think the problem starts in the email, because the most prominent thing in the email is a big button that says "View Invoice", and they don't bother reading anything else.

• Options
    post78post78 Member Posts: 16

Good point.

• Options

Thank you both for chipping in!