Options

Creating an invoice for payments that have already been reconciled

TevilyneTevilyne Member Posts: 7

I recently had to create an invoice for a client for end of financial year and simply listed it as paid with the correct dates before emailing to the client. I realise that I've already reconciled the payment made direct to the bank account without applying it to the newly created invoice. I just want to make sure that creating that invoice did not make it appear as if I had received additional income as I can't seem to go back to allocate that income to the newly created invoice.

Comments

• Options
    lylavuonolylavuono Member Posts: 17

@Tevilyne, if you recorded it as paid from the invoice page, yes, Wave will create a new transaction to the bank account you chose. You'll have to remove that payment from your invoice, then go to the one from your bank and choose the Invoice payment category (or something along those lines, I don't remember the wording). Then you just have to pick the right invoice.

You won't be able to do it before removing the payment because, well, you can't pay a paid invoice.

• Options
    TevilyneTevilyne Member Posts: 7

Thank you! Very much appreciated! Seems to have been correctly allocated now :-)

edited July 31, 2018
  • Options
    lylavuonolylavuono Member Posts: 17

That's great, @Tevilyne!