Options

Major issue with payment

post78post78 Member Posts: 16

I had "pay by credit card" set up initially but lost a a fair amount of money on a couple invoices with it, as I expected with the fee, so I turned that off while keeping bank transfer as an option. I just had a client pay two invoices via credit card. Checked my settings and it is in fact disabled. That's a major issue.

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @post78.

I'm sorry to hear that. Let's try and find out what happened.

If payment processing is turned off in the settings for your business, your clients shouldn't have the option to pay online at all. I did see a few business owner toggle payment processing on again by mistake, on an individual invoice basis, by clicking the toggle saying "Online Payment - Off" at invoice creation. Clicking it when it is displaying that it's off will turn it on for that specific invoice. You can confirm that by clicking on that invoice on the Invoices page, and you'll see the toggle on top of the specific invoice's page.

If that isn't the case, I'm happy to help investigate this deeper. Send me screenshots of your Payments settings via private message, and I'll have you send me a fake invoice so we can see if it goes through as it should.

• Options

I've checked my global settings and Credit Card is indeed turned off. However individual invoices still have it turned on, which should not be the case. Turning the option off in Global Settings should completely disallow the option.

• Options

Hi, @post78.

Does that also apply to new invoices you create? It should make it so all your future invoices are off by default.

• Options

It does now, but it didn't for the first two invoices. Maybe it required a restart? Also, hitting "resend" doesn't remember the setting. If I resend an older invoice, it says I accept credit card.

• Options

That's because changing the payment settings doesn't change invoices retroactively. So past invoices that weren't paid yet will still be payable by credit card.

To turn off credit card payments on those invoices, @post78, you'll have to click on them on the Invoices page and toggle off the Credit Card toggle here:

Once it's toggled off, you won't accept credit card payments for that invoice. You won't have to resend it. Your invoice will get updated, even using the link your client already has.

• Options

Understood. There still seemed to be the issue of needing a restart of the app. Maybe it was a one time thing, but it's worth looking into.

• Options

Absolutely, @post78! I'll keep an eye out and let the team know.

Let me know if this continues on your end as well!

• Options

Sorry, but settings set from the iPhone app did NOT save to my account. I can see the setting are correct on the app but after creating a new invoice online (which I had to do since I can't create a negative value for Price on the app) the settings showed that I accept credit card. This is a bug.

edited July 31, 2018
  • Options

Hi, @post78.

Could you send me a screenshot of your payments setting on the website as well as on your phone app, after closing and re-opening the app? You can send those to me via private message. I'll be able to use them to report this issue and have our team investigate further.

As for the issue with negative amounts on iPhone, that's actually related to the iPhone's own keyboard. The default calculator keyboard that's brought up for fields with only numbers doesn't have any symbols. You can get around this either by copying a "-" from elsewhere and pasting there or installing a third-party keyboard which does have symbols for this kind of field. It's a frustrating one, I agree, but I know there are many good keyboard apps on the app store that don't have the same limitation.

• Options

I see. I can do the copy paste, but third party keyboards don't pop up. I have a couple installed.

I can send you a screenshot but I don't know how that will help. I've since changed settings online from the computer as well. I can try to recreate it. Essentially changing the setting on the iPhone did not change the setting online, which I'm assuming is why a couple of invoices went out with the option.

• Options

Thanks, @post78.

I'll investigate this on my end and see what can be done about the payment settings not matching between the mobile app and the website.

I'll also pass your feedback along for the negative numbers on prices on iPhones. Our mobile team is fantastic (and working on awesome stuff right now!), if anyone can find a solution here, it's them.

• Options
    ACCSACCS Member Posts: 1

Also butting in. The lack of a negative sign is the same for us using an Android. We can't apply a discount.

• Options

Hi, @ACCS,

Getting a different keyboard for your device will help you there. You'll have a different keyboard depending on the device's manufacturer, but changing it to a third-party keyboard is just a matter of finding one that fulfills your need on the Play Store. I use Swyftkey on my own Android phone, which does allow me to add symbols to the price without issue.

While this is something that affects almost every iPhone, it isn't as wide-spread for Android devices since different devices come with different keyboard apps.