Merging e transfers with bill payments

grandmeatsgrandmeats Member Posts: 1

Does anyone know how merge an etransfer paid to a vendor with the bill payment record. I can't balance because they won't merge.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @grandmeats.

If the two transactions have the same amount, are in the same currency and use the same account, you should be able to merge them. What happens what you try? Could you share a screenshot of the error message, as well as of both transaction with any personal information obscured?

• coppermillcoppermill Member Posts: 3

I have the very same problem. I can merge the two transactions if they are the same value.

In my case, I have one transaction at the bank, which is making three payments to the same customer's bill, which I Have three bills.

How do I resolve this?

• anesthesiahygieneanesthesiahygiene Member Posts: 1

I have similar issues. I issued 2 invoices to one of my customers and they sent a single payment. Wave recognizes this as 3 separate transactions!

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @anesthesiahygiene!

To fix this requires a bit of a work around so that the income isn't showing as duplicated (one transaction for payment, one for deposit). When a payment is made directly through Payments by Wave, our system is smart enough to categorize the bank deposit as a transfer from the payments holding account, but instances where an invoice is marked as paid but was paid outside of Wave, it is unable to recognize.

To remedy this, you have two options. The first would be to delete the bank deposits as they come in, which is the easiest, but not necessarily ideal. The other option would be to not mark invoices as paid until money hits your bank. Once it does, head to Accounting > Transactions, and select the deposit. In most cases, you will be able to just categorize this to the open invoice and close it out. In this case, because the deposit contains more than one payment, instead you'll need to split it, and categorize each part of the split to their respective invoices. I hope this helps!