Options

Import Invoices

laurentlaurent Member Posts: 3

Dear Wave team,

I was wondering if its possible to import in bulk sale invoices (in Excel format, preferably). I have been manually issuing invoices for the past days but its a bit tedious and very time consuming.

Best regards,

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @laurent.

No, it isn't currently possible to import invoices to Wave. If you're new and just getting set up, it might be easier for you to just import your outstanding invoices and enter everything else as starting balances. We have a small guide that might help you get set up right here.

edited August 2, 2018
  • Options

Dear Alexia,

Thanks for you quick answer.

Regarding another subject, I was wondering if wave is planning to release something like the recurring invoice but for the bills. It could be a nice time saver.

Best regards,

Laurent

• Options

No problem at all, @laurent!

I can tell you that it isn't in the plans for the immediate future. There has been a lot of talk about that feature here on the Community in the last few weeks, and while I can't say anything definitive, I'll tell you that we are aware of the demand for that feature and of how beneficial it would be for some Wavers.

Feedback from Wavers has an important impact on how we choose what to build next for Wave, and we're always paying attention :)

• Options

Dear Alexia,

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Last question, I noticed that I can only post/debit to one account when I use Receipt. I was wondering if there is a way I can split the receipt in two and debit two different P&L accounts ? (Something similarly as when I use Invoice and I have two items)

Best regards,
    Laurent

• Options

Hi @laurent.

Not for a receipt, no. You could enter that as a bill, on the Bills page, and do just that. Bills essentially act as reverse-invoices (invoices to your business) and are handled much the same way. You'll be able to set different line items to be distributed to different expense accounts.

You won't be able to attach a picture to the transaction, but it will allow you to do what you're trying to do.

• Options
    francois12ukfrancois12uk Member Posts: 16

Why can't you just have a simple 'upload file' icon (function) against every entry to upload scans of invoices or receipts and immediately ascribing them to the right entry - this would be both for invoices, receipts and bills, like all other accounting software. Rather than this silly business of duplicating entries - with the extra step of having to process the uploads separately first, so wonderful duplication of work - and then having to merge the duplications -- or in the case of invoices not even being able to upload them in the first place. I'm having to keep a complicated mixture of some records electronic, some in paper form (without even a code field for identifying the paper records) - what's the point of going digital if you can't import have all the stuff?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @francois12uk . This is great feedback. We don't currently have any sort of way to attach files to a transaction but we do get this feature request quite a bit. Your use case of having it to prevent duplication makes even more sense so I'll make sure to pass this feedback along to the team.

• Options
    RalphxGlennRalphxGlenn Member Posts: 4

Hi guys, just want to have an update on this.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @RalphxGlenn , you can now import bulk invoices by using our Google Sheets tool Wave Connect to do so.

• Options
    Tony_shoregateTony_shoregate Member Posts: 5

The invoice import is really dumb. I exported invoices from "old" Wave. Each invoice is on a separate row in Google sheets. When you import, it assumes each row is on the same invoice as the row before until the **customer **changes. Even though the lines have a different invoice numbers! Any way to fix this other than importing one row at a time?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @tony_shoregate

My apologies you're experiencing some issues with our Wave connect imported. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what your invoices look like in the spreadsheet? Feel free to block out any PII as well. This will help me get a better understanding of the formatting.