Invoices for payroll processing

David_in_EdmontonDavid_in_Edmonton Member Posts: 8

I use Wave to manage funded health care for my aging parents. Provincial funding covers many costs to employ caregivers including payroll processing charges.
Can Wave provide actual itemized invoices for these services? My funding agency is not happy with nebulous receipts or screenshots and wants real invoices.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @David_in_Edmonton.

Unfortunately, the information from the Billing page, under Payroll in your Settings is currently all we can provide. With that said, I'll forward your feedback to the product team. If this isn't enough for your needs, our developers should know. Thank you for bringing this up.

For now, you could use a browser extension for PDF creation to offer PDF version of those pages to your employers. This still isn't ideal, I recognize that, but it might work better for them.

• David_in_EdmontonDavid_in_Edmonton Member Posts: 8

Yeah, no. They need an itemized bill with tax and GST #, etc. They feel this is a basic component of any commercial exchange. I can't disagree with them. For an accounting service that so aptly allows me to create my own invoices for my clients, it should be easy to solve this oversight.
    Please move this up the priority list, with retroactive ability to provide historical invoices, too.
    Thanks for your attention.

Thanks for following up, @David_in_Edmonton. I'll pass your feedback along to our team.

Thanks, Alexia. Any realistic estimate of implementation time?

Hi, @David_in_Edmonton.

I can't make any promises that this is something we'll build for Wave. I can only pass along your feedback and make sure your comments are given attention.

• ManiMani Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

Hi @David_in_Edmonton. We appreciate your feedback, and your need. Unfortunately, this is not something we'll be addressing in the near future. While it's a fair request and a reasonable suggested approach to itemization for your payroll receipts, it's a very rare scenario where this detail is needed for small business owners. I'd prefer not to vaguely make promises and to own up to this matter. I can ensure that, the next time our team looks to improvements for our billing engine, your feedback is fully incorporated. With sincere apologies, that's unlikely to be on a timeline to suit your immediate needs.

Thanks again for being honest and generous with us with your feedback, and I personally regret not being able to address your need immediately.

Thanks Mani.
    I'm putting through this quarter the cobbled together material I can and I hope they accept it. Otherwise, I will have no choice but to shop around for another provider over this small deficiency.
    Wish me luck.