Missing Transactions from Receipts

m1cr0ch1pm1cr0ch1p Member Posts: 18

I posted several receipts using Android over 12 hours ago, and although they are showing up in the Receipts screen, most of them are not showing in the Accounting Transactions so balances are not changed! Eg receipt image 200f67a4-c242-45b4-8176-2208ba75203c

@Alexia could you please let me know what is wrong and how this can be resolved, since is worrying. I do not have a complete list of what was and wasn't posted unfortunately.

Thanks

Tagged:
edited August 10, 2018 in Technical Support

Comments

• m1cr0ch1pm1cr0ch1p Member Posts: 18

@Alexia - any update on this please? I am very concerned that the transactional data integrity has now been compromised with missing transactions, and the accounts are not reconciling.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @m1cr0ch1p.

I can't search by receipt image name, but everything seems to have been processed fine on my end. Can you show us a screenshot of one of those invoices, expanded in Wave, just so we can have a better idea of what might be happening?

Make sure to obfuscate any personal information that might appear on there. I don't need the image, just the information as it was entered in Wave.

Hi @Alexia

For example this receipt:

The latest transaction that I have on this account called "Chequebook" is dated 23rd July, and was not created through a receipt.

These are several receipts that were not posted to accounting transactions, with different dates and on different accounts.

Thanks for your support!

Hi, @m1cr0ch1p.

Thanks for following up. I'm running an automated fix on my end to see if we can get Wave to resolve this by itself. It can take a few hours to process, Wave is working on it!

On your end, could you try logging out of Wave, clearing your browser's cache, doing a hard refresh (that's CTRL+Shift+R) and logging back in? If your transactions still aren't there can you confirm that they're also missing from the Account Transactions report for that account?

Hi @Alexia. Thanks for your support in resolving this. I checked back now (about 10 hours later) and the transactions unfortunately still do not show up. Unfortunately they are not in the Account Transactions report either.

Hi, @m1cr0ch1p.

We're investigating this one deeper. After some digging, I found that this seems to affect some other users who are still on the old version of Wave. I marked this post with the code for the report on our hand and I'll follow-up when I have news.

I recommend either deleting and re-entering them, or just entering the expense transaction manually, for the time being. Thanks for bringing this to our attention

@Alexia, As far as I know, I am on the new Wave version.

1) How can I know which receipts were not posted? Checking them manually is going to be time consuming and I don't know which were and which weren't posted. This is my main concern at this point.

2) If i post them manually, will the transaction be eventually automatically created when the bug is solved? I don't want duplicates then

3) What can I do to prevent this from happening again? I posted some receipts yesterday and they seemed to pass through successfully this time.

Thanks

Hi, @m1cr0ch1p.

I know that your account older, but the business you're collaborating on does use the new version. I'm not entirely certain how that might affect things, but I'll keep digging and report this on my end.

1. The simplest way to handle this is to just go through regular reconciliation with your bank statement. Verify your transactions for the month as you'd normally, but add any missing expenses, just as expense transactions.
    2. I'm not in a position to make an absolute guarantee here, but given the way receipts are processed, the transactions shouldn't reappear later. If your receipts are marked as done (which they are), they won't affect your transactions anymore. In the same way, you can delete a receipt that is linked to a transaction, and the transaction will stay in your account.
    3. Like for any other discrepancy in your accounting, the best defence is regular reconciliation. We'll be doing all we can to prevent this from happening again, but there's nothing more reliable than regularly verifying that your Transactions page and bank statements match up.
  • ZunGoorZunGoor Member Posts: 1

Hello @Alexia

We have the same thing here too, we just observed some receipts were entered via Android and completely Done, but not showing among the transactions or not even showing in the reports,

Merchant: AI-Shohob Cargo & Custom Clearance
    Date: 2018-08-07
    Notes:
    Category: Shipping, Cargo & Clearance
    Payment Account: Cash on Hand
    Subtotal: 0.00
    Currency: QAR - Qatari riyal
    Total: 2330.00

We have a shortage of 51,143.87 QAR, while we have thousands of scanned receipts we can not go through easily... Kindly advise what we supposed to do in order for us to find all the other non-entered receipts

Thanks and regards
    Hamid
    ZunGoor Company

edited August 13, 2018

Hi, @ZunGoor.

As mentioned above, the best thing to do for now is to reconcile your transactions with your bank statement, which we recommend doing regularly regardless. You can enter the missing transactions as simple expenses instead of re-uploading the receipt. You'll be able to match those receipts to the transaction by relying on the dates if you do need copies one of those specific receipts later down the road.

We're investigating this issue as we speak, but I don't have a timeline to offer as to when this will be resolved. Please keep an eye out for missing transactions from receipts uploaded in the near future and let us know if anything is missing.

@Alexia, as @ZunGoor mentioned, since this is a data integrity issue in Wave which affects multiple users, I would expect a data fix to be provided by Wave, rather than having the users manually go through all receipts to check them. Or, at the very least, Wave should provide a report to extract the problematic receipts since identifying them is difficult.

Moreover, we need a guarantee that if we add the missing transactions manually, the transactions that were meant to be created automatically when adding a receipt will not be automatically created again once you provide the bug fix please, since otherwise we will go from missing data to duplication of data.

Could you please advise how I can get this report, since it has already been almost 3 weeks since the issue was identified. My support ticket raised 2 weeks ago unfortunately remained unanswered.

Thanks!

Hi, @m1cr0ch1p.

I do understand your concern and I'll bring it up on my end. You didn't receive a follow-up on your ticket because our support team doesn't answer tickets marked as bug reports individually. They are forwarded directly to our engineers, who'll investigate and assess them.

I don't have a report that I can share. What I meant by "report" is the collected information around a given issue, including tickets from affected users, community posts and so on. We add details as more information shows up to help our developers and track impact.

I'm keeping a close eye on this situation and will keep you updated here as I get more information.

I can't offer a guarantee that those receipts won't upload automatically when this is resolved. It'll depend on exactly what the issue is on the backend and what needs to be done to resolve it. Your best option is to keep your books up to date and, if duplicates do happen, use the merge function to quickly combine them. I will let you know once I have a confirmation.