Options

Send Invoice from One Business to Another in Same Wave Account

irwanambakirwanambak Member Posts: 2

Is it possible for me to send an Invoice from one of my Wave business ( Business A ) to another of my Wave business ( Business B ) so that the recipient business ( Business B ) automatically shows it as a Bill?

Both businesses are in the same Wave account.

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi @irwanambak

Seems you are speaking about intercompany invoice, but this is not available in Wave.

May be @Alexia can calrify.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @irwanambak.

@UHRP3 is right, you can't have this logged automatically since you don't send an invoice to a Wave business, but to an email address.

Can you give me a bit more information on the kind of transaction you're trying to represent with a real-world example? You might not be able to do this automatically, but maybe I can help to enter that data efficiently and simply.

• Options
    irwanambakirwanambak Member Posts: 2

Hi @Alexia

I manage more than one business using one Wave account (Company A, Company B, Company C, etc.), and on occasion, one business sends an invoice to another. For illustration, let's say Company A is the Primary Business.

For example, Company A invoices Company B for Product X supplied and Services Y rendered.

Currently, I email the invoice from Company A to Company B's email*, and in Wave > Company B, I will manually "Upload a receipt" to record the invoice.

*At the moment, I "sign in to Wave" using only one email (Primary Email; for Company A); which is NOT the said Company B's email.

When you say "you can't have this logged automatically since you don't send an invoice to a Wave business, but to an email address" - does this mean there is an automated way to have it logged?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @irwanambak.

Thanks for following up!

No, there isn't a way to record bills that you have to pay automatically. They have to be entered manually in Wave, since all Wave does when you send out an invoice is share a link to that invoice by email. Wave can't associate that invoice to another Wave account or business as an outstanding bill, it just sends a link to an image or PDF document.

It is an interesting suggestion, however, and I'll be sure forward it to our product team.