Options

Creating a new business using the same products and services

benniebezbenniebez Member Posts: 1

We're creating a new enterprise. Is it possible to export the products and services on the current business and import it into the new business?

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @benniebez.

It isn't currently possible to do export or import the list of products and services within Wave. You'll have to re-enter these manually. My suggestion would be to just add items as you need them for invoices.

I'd love to have a bit more information about your case to get a better idea of how useful a feature like this would be to our users at large. Are you opening a second location for your business?

• Options
    PetmarthkPetmarthk Member Posts: 2

Hi Alexia, I share the same need as benniebez's. My reason is very simple. I have 2 sets of clients, i.e. retail and wholesale. I issue invoices to retail clients under my retail shop's name; but I issue invoices to wholesale clients under my trading company's name; both buying similar products. So it will be very helping if the products and services can be "shared" by both. Put it in another way, is there a way I can create invoices by different company while using the same "products and services" database?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Petmarthk. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

It isn't possible to do this. You would have to create a second business and add the product list by hand. You could open both businesses in different tabs of your browser and copy-paste the information from individual items from one business to the other. It's not a perfect solution, but it might still save some time.