Options

Customer receipts

SpotSpot Member Posts: 2

Sometimes I can't remember if I sent a receipt to the customer. Is there a way I can pull up an old invoice and determine if a receipt was sent. The system tells you the date an invoice was created and the date it was sent but it does not state if a receipt was sent. Please advise.

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Spot.

There isn't a way to see when a receipt was last sent for a given invoice in Wave at this time. The easiest way to get around this would be to check the box to send yourself a copy of the receipt before sending it so that you have a copy in your own inbox.

I know it isn't a perfect solution, but it might still help out.

• Options
    SpotSpot Member Posts: 2

It would be a lot easier if it showed in the same manner as the invoice but okay. Thanks

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Spot.

You can do that with Bills, actually. You'll have to enter line items manually, but taxes are calculated by line item in the same way as for invoices.

• Options
    aaa_janeaaa_jane Member Posts: 3

We're a charity so we get donations but absolutely need to provide receipts for our donors to claim tax deductions. How do we do this in Wave?

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @aaa_jane, if your customers pay you directly through Wave, they will have a record of the transaction via the paid invoice which they should be able to click back into. Once an invoice has been paid however (inside or outside Wave's payment processor) you can head over to Sales > Invoices, and filter for All invoices. To the right of each paid invoice will be the option to 'Send a Receipt', which will automatically send a customer receipt to the email on file. Depending on local regulations, you may need to create a specific claimable donation receipt using specialized tax forms however, so I'd recommend checking with local tax authorities to confirm if any additional forms are required.

• Options
    aaa_janeaaa_jane Member Posts: 3

hi Samd, thanks for your response. Basically all our donations come through the website so there is no invoice issued. Is there no way to create a receipt if there is no invoice?

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @aaa_jane, unfortunately not at the moment! It may be worthwhile to generate invoices to create receipts if this is an acceptable workaround in this scenario, but I can talk to our Product Team about whether receipts for income transactions with a customer linked to them would be possible. Would there be anything you'd want the receipt to include other than customer details, business name, amount, and date? Or would customizable be preferable?