Set up the wrong currency, now have trouble archiving the wrong account

kahueykahuey Member Posts: 2

Hello!
I have set up my first account in the wrong currency and have been recording all the expenses for 1.5 years.
Now that I am trying to set up a new account in the correct currency, i have these questions:

1. Is it possible to archive the wrong currency account, then load all the records into the correct currency account?
  2. While attempting to archive the wrong account, i keep encountering this message 'Before you can archive this business, you must take the following actions.
    Disconnect your Payments account'
    Can someone teach me how to disconnect my payments account? As i don't even have a payments account set up! I have just been using Wave to record all my expenses before my business starts earning an income.

Your help is appreciated!
Thank you!

Ka

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @kahuey.

I'm really sorry to hear that happened. It's going to be a lot of work to move all that data. At this time, you can't transfer all of your data between businesses, this way.

You can follow the steps outlined here to upload your bank statements, which will be easier than entering all of your past transactions by hand. You can also enter your customer information into a CSV file and upload them to the business set up in the right currency. Here's how.

Invoices will have to be recreated manually, and if you want to upload all of your receipts, that will also have to be done by hand. You can download a copy of your receipts by going to your Settings and clicking on "Data Export". You'll find the option to download your receipts there.

There is an issue with archiving certain businesses right now. We're working on resolving that, but for the time being, some of our users get this message when trying to archive a business regardless of whether they process payments actively. Until it is resolved, I'd recommend just changing the name of your business to something obvious, to limit the chance of working in it by accident. "Business to archive - Wrong currency" for example.

• kahueykahuey Member Posts: 2

Hi Alexia,
    Thank you for your reply. At the moment I am trying to connect my bank account to the new business but it requires that i request it from the support team. Can you direct me how to contact the support team please?

Thank you!

Hi, @kahuey.

I just put in a request for you! They usually take under 24 hours to process. You shouldn't have very long to wait!

Hi, @kahuey.

I rechecked your verification today. Could you try connecting to your bank again?