Options

improve usability - account transactions

GregVeresGregVeres Member Posts: 24

Hi

I am new to wave so I am going through things for the first time. I am finding the workflow could be improved (or I am doing something wrong)

I have a bill that was paid directly by one of the owners. I enter the receipt on the receipts page and once it is done processing I categorize it and tag the payment account to Owner Investment / Drawing. But I can't leave the transaction there because we have multiple owners and I have to track them. I need to create a new transaction that moves the credit from the Owner Investment account to an owner loan account over in "Due to you and other owners".

The only way I have seen to see what is in the Owner Investment account is to go to the Reports / Account Balances page, but from there I can't enter a new transaction, so I have to open a new browser window and go to transactions? to enter the new transaction of moving the money. It would seem much easier to allow us to enter transactions on the account balances page.

Thanks
Greg

Comments

• Options
    GregVeresGregVeres Member Posts: 24

BTW, I have decided that I am going to move the loan accounts from "Due to You and other business owners" over to the Equity section under Business Owner Contribution.

This doesn't seem like the right thing to do based on the help bubble descriptions of "Business Owner Contribution" vs "Due to You and Other Business Owners" but since Business Owner Contribution accounts appear in the transaction drop down, it seems like that the expectation is that they go under Business Owner Contribution.

I am writing all of this to give you guys a new user's perspective of using the product.

Thanks
    Greg

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @GregVeres.

I'm going to close this discussion since I already answered this question in your other thread. If you have follow-up questions on this subject, let me know there and I'll follow up as soon as I can.

This discussion has been closed.