Options

Invoice Duplicates.

erincurtainerincurtain Member Posts: 2

Hi there,
I know that you guys don't let any invoices have the same number, but I work for multiple different clients, so have to send invoices to multiple clients. I obviously want all of my invoices to go up in succession and start with one, but the software won't allow me to do that. Is there a way to get around this?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @erincurtain.

I'm not sure I understand your workflow here. If you need to send copies of an invoice to multiple people, you can add more recipients at the sending step of your invoice. Just click on the plus sign next to the "To" field to add other email addresses.

Is this what you're looking for?

• Options
    erincurtainerincurtain Member Posts: 2

No. I meant that I need multiple different invoices all labelled as Invoice #1 for different clients. So say I have a project for a new client, 'Client A', and another for a different new client, 'Client B'. The invoices are going to be completely different because they are for different projects for different clients, but they both need to be labelled Invoice #1. Right now it won't let me have multiple Invoice #1's, even if they are different invoices for different clients.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @erincurtain.

You won't be able to do this is Wave, unless you number every invoice manually and include the project's or client's name in the number. This way, Wave won't see them as duplicates, but unique invoices.

If, instead of using "Invoice #", you use a format like "Project Name - Invoice #", you'll be able to have individual invoice series for each project.