Options

Extra "picture" on invoice

sofiesofie Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to add an extra picture (a QR code) to the invoice? This would make mobile payment a breeze!

Thanks for your answer!

Sofie

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi Sofie! Thanks for your post - so sorry it seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that Wave's invoice templates do not allow for an extra image to be included. But! The good news is that we're working hard to improve and expand our Payments experience, particularly on mobile. :) I hope you'll stay tuned.

• Options
    MarkMark Member Posts: 5

Could you add the QR code in the Notes section?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mark. No, you can't currently add pictures on invoices at all. That being said, it is possible for your client to pay invoices on their phone when they've been e-mailed.

Is there a specific case you're thinking about where a QR code would've made things easier? Could you give me a bit more information?

• Options
    d4zzad4zza Member Posts: 3

Hi @Alexia, I think what @Mark is asking is what I'm looking for as well, is the option to add a scannable QR code in the footer, for an app such as Zapper like the attached.

• Options

Hi, @d4zza. Thanks for adding to the discussion. Can you tell me a bit more about how you use these in the context of your business? What field are you in?

• Options
    d4zzad4zza Member Posts: 3

Hi @Alexia, I help my wife with her invoices, and she uses the Zapper QR codes to receive payments from customers on her existing platform.

• Options

Hi, @d4zza.

It would be unlikely for us to set up an integration with Zapper since we also offer a payment processing service. While we don't offer that service in every country, we are still competitors.

• Options
    JinJieJinJie Member Posts: 5

It's nice to see this feature for manual payments.

In Singapore, we accept payments with PayNow. https://www.abs.org.sg/consumer-banking/pay-now

Where customers can pay by scanning a QR Code.

• Options

Thank you for sharing your feedback, @JinJie!

• Options
    JanniesJannies Member Posts: 3

@Alexia said:
    Hi @Mark. No, you can't currently add pictures on invoices at all. That being said, it is possible for your client to pay invoices on their phone when they've been e-mailed.

Is there a specific case you're thinking about where a QR code would've made things easier? Could you give me a bit more information?

All my invoices have my Zapper QR on.

I just use my "company logo" as the zapper picture.

Hope this helps

• Options
    kevokevo Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,
    Adding a picture field would be interesting for me too. I'm an artist and I'm using Wave to create invoices for each painting I sell. After that sale, I have to register the details in a separate book so the painting can be tracked over the course of it's life (you never know when you might be asked to hold a retrospective exhibition or that you suddenly become sought after and earn 'droit de suite' money. Plus, your estate needs to know where paintings are, post mortem.)

Wave currently can work a bit like that book because invoices could be printed out page by page and added to a folder. However, many paintings are made with such similar titles that a picture field would be perfect and there's be no need to double up on work.

So, between QR codes and asset tracking, I'd be really pleased to have the function.
    Thanks, Kevin
    edited September 28, 2019
  • Options
    Lauer3DLauer3D Member Posts: 1

I would also like to be able to add pictures to invoice. I run a 3d printing service, and being able to attach a picture to the invoice would be fantastic before the item is shipped

• Options
    JereChildersJereChilders Member Posts: 1

For me not being able to attach or add pictures to my invoices has been my biggest frustration with the app. I often have expenses and when I invoice my client and add these expenses to their invoices they want pictures or a PDF of the receipts. Its not convenient for me or my customers to get an email with the invoice and a separate email with a PDF of all the expense receipts that they then have to match up manually. Ideally they would get the invoice and directly under the line item for that receipt there would be a picture of the expense. Thank so much for listening and for making a great app.